Middle Names for Ayla...

I’ve been playing around with some [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] combos this weekend, and I’m a bit curious what others think of these?

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] _____ (family name would fill in the blank; lately I’ve been taken with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f])
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] ([name_f]Natalie[/name_f]'s a family name; I love how Christmasy this feels)
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]

Thanks, Berries!

I really like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]! My second favorite is [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], I love the flow of it.

I’m not as big of a fan of [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] (nothing wrong with it, it just doesn’t “sparkle” the same way [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] do) and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] (I don’t like [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]).

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is a beautiful name, with such a lovely meaning! I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] your [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], she is my all time favourite [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] combo ever.

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ~ Augh, beautiful! I love this combo. [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is so gorgeous too! This combo has Christmassy vibes which I also like too. Perfect flow, and I love these names together!

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] ~ This is a wonderful combo! [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]'s feminine and princessy aura works so well with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]. I also love the flow in this combo, I think the names feel really well balanced.

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] ~ I’m never been the biggest fan of [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], it feels rather dated to me. I agree with previous poster that this combo feels a little dull and doesn’t have the same sparkle as your other combos, but otherwise, it is a pretty combo!

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] ~ This combo is definitely my favourite of your list! There’s just something about [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] with a floral name ([name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]!) that I love! [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] has a lovely classic air about her that works perfectly with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f], who feels rather fun and fresh! The flow here is absolutely faultless too!

I love your combos! [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is probably my favourite, but I also really like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] flows the best from those options!

I love [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] so much! I can’t se the combo anywhere, but if [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] is an option I think it is the best combination and is so stunning!

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ___ is ok too. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is really not my favorite, but anything sounds good with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] so I think [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is pretty :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and also really love the suggestion of [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]. Some other ideas:

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Annelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Briony[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] Joyelle
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] definitely wins for me. The round, soft C complements the more defined A much better than N or F or R, all of which feel quite . . . idk, quite sharp, slender letters, like A. That said, [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] are also very pretty. [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] doesn’t do much for me because I don’t see any spark between the names, and the A- N- structure feels a bit pinched / uptight / something. So I’d say [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] then [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] then [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f].

I don’t know where @cl0udberry got [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] from, but she would be stunning.

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is beautiful! All three names flow really nicely.

Other suggestions that give me a wintery feel…

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Eirwen
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - love this one

Thanks, everyone! I’d stumbled upon the latter three over the weekend and had been really crushing on them, but [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s had my heart for a while and I think your comments just made that impression all the stronger. I do still really like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is probably the one for me. (Now if only I could find a family name to pair with it! Although I love that [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]'s a tree name, sort of like my name, so I’m sort of considering [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] as a honor name for me and just going with sweet, simple [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]?)

And re: [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]… lol! (@daffodils and sunflowers - if you’d never mentioned it, none of the others would’ve ever known! hahaha!) I’m currently making my way through a set of themed signatures using the names from each state’s SSA data, making combos from the names that rank in each state but not nationally within the top 100 respectively (if that makes any sense at all lol). One of the first states I did, [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], had both [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] and [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] was one of the combos in my [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] signature. I hadn’t really expected to fall in love with it, but I loved [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] so much that it prompted me to actually consider adding [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] to my own list! For a while, [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] was BY FAR my favorite, but as time went on, I fell in love with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] LEAGUES above [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], and while she’s so pretty, I don’t think she’s the one for me anymore. @daffodils and sunflowers only knew about it, I guess, because she’s one of my girls I talk to a lot on the WOW thread on the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names forum–and she knew how much I’ve loved [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] in the past. Thanks for all the love for it, though!

@violet1296 - I wasn’t specifically looking for combos–although I’m so happy you took the time to suggest them!–and I find myself strangely enamored of [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]. I’m always after a good Nordic name to honor my Nordic ancestry! :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know that I like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] more than [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but I do like her a lot, and promise to give her consideration! :stuck_out_tongue:

@lovemysweeties - thanks, [name_u]Jean[/name_u]! I really like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f], actually, but feel weird about it, as my car is named [name_f]Snow[/name_f]. :stuck_out_tongue: (Technically Snowflake [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], but I call her [name_f]Snow[/name_f], haha.) Plus, I have [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] “[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]” on my list already–so I suppose it’s weird I like [name_f]Snow[/name_f] there but not with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f], but for some reason the feeling of “but that’s my car” seems stronger with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] than [name_f]Ella[/name_f]? [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t ask me why, because I couldn’t tell you! hahaha!

:rofl: Our quirkinesses are what makes us all special and not boring.

I love [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] but I prefer the spelling [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. I think it is pronounced the same. (eye-lah) I love [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]/[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] it is beautiful. :slight_smile:

The [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]’s I know pronounce their names AY-LA.

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is my favorite.

@[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - whoa! Thank you for all the ideas! I am intrigued by [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], but am weird about [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] together, so we’ll see if it sticks. I’ve been crushing on [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] lately, but I’m not sure I love them in those combos (or can make them work satisfactorily with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]?). Thanks for all the time and love spent on suggesting, though! ([name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f] is SO cute!)

@ellalynn23 - eh, I hear EYE-lah and AY-lah pretty much equally, and I prefer the AY-lah pronunciation, so that’s what I’m going with here. If I wanted EYE-lah, [name_f]Isla[/name_f] just seems much less complicated so I’d probably opt for that if I wanted that pronunciation…

Oh my bad then. :slight_smile: