Middle Names for Basil?

Hello! [name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriend’s all-time favorite name is [name_u]Basil[/name_u] (baz-uhl) as he’s a huge literature nerd and adores [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]. I love the name as well though I have my concerns about the way it flows with his last name. If anyone has suggestions for combos with two middle names I’d love to hear them! [name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriend’s surname has two syllables and a z sound in the middle too :relaxed: !!!

Here are some boys’ names I love to give a better sense of my style and to perhaps use in combos as well (though I’m really open to pretty much anything!):

Arthur
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u] (would love to use this, but alas we could not have a [name_u]Basil[/name_u] and a [name_u]Dorian[/name_u])
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Thank you so much for your help! xx

1 Like

Basil is lovely! I like [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Kenelm[/name_m] [name_u]Lake[/name_u].

1 Like

I’m not sure how I feel about [name_m]Kenelm[/name_m], but I love water names and I haven’t thought about [name_u]Lake[/name_u] in a while. Thank you so much!

Well, [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] would be drop dead gorgeous! :slight_smile: Though touching L’s but who cares? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basil [name_u]Gray[/name_u] was my first thought… but if you want 2 mn… how about [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]?

I could see [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] & [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] as siblings!!

Other ideas:
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]

1 Like

Basil [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]/Oscar
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] ([name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/Vyvyan being the name of [name_u]Wilde[/name_u]‘s son)
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]

2 Likes

Basil Arthur Hugo, Basil Edmund Jude and Basil Theodore Otto would be nice

Basil Sebastian Otto
Basil Edmund Henry (too Dorian Gray??)
Basil Lucian Arthur
Basil Thomas Sinclair
Basil Florian Miles
Basil Fabian Lucas
Basil Elias Jasper
Basil Cedric Henry
Basil Elijah Thomas
Basil Oliver Blaise
Basil Malcolm Jonas
Basil Frederick Jonah

1 Like

I really like the following combinations: [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m]

1 Like

These are so lovely! [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] are incredible. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Oooh, I adore these! Especially [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (what a lovely [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] connection!) [name_u]James[/name_u]! Thank you so much!

Oh my goodness, so many gems in here! There’s really not one of these I don’t like! You have such amazing taste - thank you!

1 Like

Basil [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] or [name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] would be lovely!

Individual names you might like:
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]

Basil [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_u]Ira[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Heath[/name_m]

2 Likes

Gasp! I adore so many of these! Thank you so much for your suggestions, you have incredible taste!

1 Like

Basil [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I know I’m late, but I adore the name [name_u]Basil[/name_u] and it’s currently my topic pick for a boy. It’s a nice change to see people positive on the name. People have been putting me through the wringer over it. Especially when I said I was considering using one of the alternate spellings to coincide with a character we like. You’d think the world was ending if we used the [name_m]Bazil[/name_m] spelling.