Middle Names for Two!

I’m open to any name suggestions!! I do have a couple “rules” though

• I’m cool with dropping the flower name theme
  • I’m cool with keeping the flower name theme (lol I’m so consistent!)
  • You can expand the flower theme into nature, birds, earthy type names, etc.
  • I really like literature, shakespeare, theater, and artsy stuff, so I would be ok having a theme around those things
  • I want the twins middle names to match each other in some way (subtle or not)
  • I prefer short 1-2 syllable middle names.

So far, I’m stuck on these combos:
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] & [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Zinnia[/name] – it breaks my “short” middle name rule so I feel it’s a bit clunky, but I like it alot
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] & [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] – no real problems w/ this
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] & [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name] – lilac doesn’t sound great w/ our last name which starts w/ a hard C. I like the ‘purpley flowers’ thing though

THANKS!

I actually really like all of your names! They definitely go well with your older daughters.

My favorites are [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]. I think [name]Daisy[/name] is a less mature-sounding mn, compared to all of the others, which is the only deterrent I see for it. All of the names are really pretty though!

I know we’ve talked a lot about this, but I did just think of one thing. [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Aster[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]. Asters, daisies, and sunflowers all seem to be in that same family, so the two names are connected. I think [name]Gwendolen[/name] needs a middle name with a bit more pizazz, something more unusual - [name]Aster[/name]. [name]Mirabelle[/name] is so unique on its own I think a common [name]Daisy[/name] suits her perfectly. And you complete the literary theme you’ve established with [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]'s names…

I also love [name]Gwendolen[/name] Larkspur. It’s just so neat! Want to honor anyone born in [name]July[/name]? It’s the birth flower. It symbolizes laughter and purity of heart - perfect. Again, I’d pair [name]Mirabelle[/name] with something a little more calm and reserved, but I do think [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Freesia[/name] is cool. However, I’d even do something like [name]Gwendolen[/name] Larkspur and [name]Mirabelle[/name] Skylark - you can be the judge of whether or not that’s too much!

[name]Lauren[/name]

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Aster[/name] was on my first mn list- I like it. I also like it w/ [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name].

Larkspur and Skylark - cool, but I don’t think that’s the pair for us.

Oh crunchymama, I just adore your daughters’ names. I think my new goal is to have 4 girls to name, too, and do it as spectacularly as you. :slight_smile:

My faves are [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Aster[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. Then your first daughters’ mns are both one syllable and your second pair of daughters’ names are two syllables each. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Sometimes we’re bummed about having no sons, but sometimes we are happy we don’t have to learn what to “do” with boys! I have this fantasy image that raising a boy would be all different!
My first two are a little over 2 years apart so they are pretty close. There’s 6 years between [name]Penny[/name] and the twins though-- so it is a bit like “the big girls” and “the little girls”, which I think is fun.

I’m so indecisive so I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but I think [name]Aster[/name] & [name]Daisy[/name] are the best combo right now! [name]Lemon[/name] suggested I look at birth month flowers to honor someone special (or me and DH if that’s the case)-- well those happen to be me and DH’s flowers, so I think it is just meant to be!