Middle names Poll

See the results of this poll: Which combo do you like best?

Respondents: 15 (This poll is closed)

• Estile Atticus : 2 (11%)
  • Estile Bridger : 2 (11%)
  • Astile Holden : 1 (5%)
  • Astile Fielding : 2 (11%)
  • Estile Lennox : 6 (32%)
  • Astile Lukas : 0 (0%)
  • Astile Felix : 6 (32%)
  • Astile Hadley: 0 (0%)

Okay, I have to ask about Astile. Is it a family name? Where did it come from? Most people (like me) are going to be completely unfamiliar with this name, so I would choose a middle name that is decidedly masculine. People have a bad habit of assuming anyone with an unfamiliar name is a girl, and I can imagine this being an issue with a name that’s so similar to [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. I like Astile [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] the best.

I came across it in an article about [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] Moorish and [name_m]Pete[/name_m] [name_m]Doherty[/name_m]. The son they share together is named Astile, and from there I grew quite fond of the name.

Ok, so let me be bluntly honest. [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] Moorish is most notable for having children fathered by two musicians: [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m] (their child was conceived when he was married to [name_u]Patsy[/name_u] Kensit) and [name_m]Pete[/name_m] [name_m]Doherty[/name_m] (a well-known drug addict). Sorry but [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] and [name_m]Pete[/name_m] aren’t exactly the type of role models I would want to be emulating or copying. Astile is a VERY rare name (if it is a real name. In my nearly forty years of researching names, I’ve never come across it in my travels). Your pronunciation would not be intuitive to most people. “A steal” sounds like someone is happy that they got a bargain on sale. I also think that some people would pronounce it as “a-style” which sounds like a description and others as “a-stee-lay”. Estile looks like a kre8tif spelling of the girls name [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. So, only one celebrity baby in the world has this name to my knowledge. If you named your child this name, everyone will know where you got the idea and you would sound like one really obsessed fan. If all of these issues do not discourage you from using it, I would advise you to give him a somewhat “normal” middle name (and please exclude [name_m]Louis[/name_m] which is Astile [name_m]Doherty[/name_m]'s mn).

Astile [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
Astile [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
Astile [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
Astile [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
Astile [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
Astile [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
Astile [name_m]David[/name_m]
Astile [name_m]John[/name_m]

I picked [name_m]Lennox[/name_m], but also like [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

I prefer Astile [name_m]Lennox[/name_m]. Also Astile reminds me of the band Bastille.