Middles! Fawn or Sky?

So baby girl is here! Thought we had settled on her name but the second middle name is tricky and all five siblings want to weigh in too :smile:

Her name so far is

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Bluebell…

Top choices for other name

[name_u]Sky[/name_u] (I think this sounds the nicest, most poetic etc)
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f] (typical husband shows no interest in names and then pulls [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] out of the bag and it’s lovely! BUT I don’t think [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] is as nice as [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u]?

[name_u]Blythe[/name_u] (my favourite but husband says no)
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] flows beautifully!!

I also like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], just don’t think it flows quite as well!!

Other ideas:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Dream[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Fern[/name_u]

1 Like

I really like the whimsical feel of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]!

2 Likes

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] is unexpected and lovely :heart:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Sky[/name_u] flows marginally better - I myself would use [name_u]Skye[/name_u] to make it less obviously thematically linked to blue and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

But I agree that [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] is more unexpected and charming in a way. I like [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]!

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] feels like a filler name, and [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] (to me) is bumpy after [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f].

Let us all know if you want other suggestions - there might be one you both love!

1 Like

They’re both such gorgeous options!

I’d choose [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], purely because [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is a bit ‘blue sky’ themey? However, [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is more traditionally ‘namey’ than [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] if that influences your decision at all.

[name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] is a bit heavy on the B’s and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is lovely but much more popular than your other options.

Could Fae/Faye, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], or [name_u]Swan[/name_u] be a compromise?

3 Likes

[name_u]Blythe[/name_u] is such a gorgeous name, and would have been my vote, except that the double “Bl” of [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] sounds a trifle awkward. So I think overall, I’d go for [name_u]Sky[/name_u], despite the blue sky connection.
I also second the other suggestions made by @persephonescrown - Fae/Faye & [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] in particular! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is my favourite!

1 Like

[name_u]Sky[/name_u]

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u]!

1 Like

Thankyou!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] ideas but we’ve used [name_f]Faith[/name_f] for one of the others middles so [name_f]Fay[/name_f] is very close. And [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is too close too (as is [name_f]Mae[/name_f] to be fair) to their cousin [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]

I’m still completely torn. I like the [name_u]Skye[/name_u] spelling better , though we have never been to the island :smile:. And [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] is so pretty and different and husband has little say in [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f], though that is mostly his fault as he wouldn’t try to find something else

2 Likes

That’s a shame about Maeve/Fay but makes sense! Wildcard, what about [name_u]Rae[/name_u]?

1 Like

Oh I like [name_u]Rae[/name_u], it was on the list and everyone dismissed it apart from our boy, I suspect influenced by [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars haha

Haha - I think the [name_u]Rae[/name_u] spelling is getting popular enough that it wouldn’t be associated with [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars’ [name_u]Rey[/name_u]. Honestly, the more I think about it the more I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u], it’s that little bit cooler than whimsical [name_u]Sky[/name_u] or [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] which makes for a nice balance :smiling_face:

1 Like

She is two weeks old today and I’m still stuck between the two! We go to register her a week on [name_m]Friday[/name_m] so best decide soon :smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name :blush:

1 Like