Middles/Nicknames + Thoughts

I was going through my baby name book, and nameberry and saw some of these names Im really interested in.
Thoughts on the following names?

Boys:
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]

Girls:
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nan[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

My questions are…

1. What other nickname, besides [name_m]Art[/name_m], could be used for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?
  2. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] and [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] are too close for brothers?
  3. What genders do you prefer the following names on? [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u].
  4. Middle names for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]?

) What other nickname, besides [name_m]Art[/name_m], could be used for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]? Um… [name_m]Artie[/name_m], Arth, or maybe [name_m]Thor[/name_m] if that isn’t too far fetched.
2) [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] and [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] are too close for brothers? Yes, too similar.
3) What genders do you prefer the following names on? [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. All girl names to me.
4) Middle names for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]? [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]: Its nice however my mind associates it as a girl despite knowing of a boy with the name.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]: Its on my list. I like the feel of it, its strong but it reminds me of a boy/man who lives in books.
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]: It reminds me of [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] but I like [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] better. I like the nickname [name_m]Rick[/name_m].
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]: This also feels more of a girls’ name to me but it isn’t distinctly feminine. A boy could easily wear it with no problem.
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]: I prefer [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] but this spelling is easier to be pronounced correctly.
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]: This one is distinctly feminine to me. I would leave it as a middle name.
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]: One truly unisex name I prefer on a boy rather than a girl.

Girls:
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]: This is one of the names I like better on this list.
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]: All I can think of is [name_m]Eugene[/name_m] which has a personal connection for me. I feel like it would be hard to wear.
[name_f]Nan[/name_f]: I don’t like this one. It reminds me of what some people call their grandmother.
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]:My favorite name on your list. Recognizable but not too out there or uncommon. It hits a nice sweet spot for me.

My questions are…

1. What other nickname, besides [name_m]Art[/name_m], could be used for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?
    Since I believe [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] means [name_m]Bear[/name_m] you could call him that.
  2. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] and [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] are too close for brothers?
    I think they’re too close as they both have a strong M sound as well as the same ending. I prefer [name_m]Merrick[/name_m].
  3. What genders do you prefer the following names on? [name_u]Eden[/name_u]: female
    [name_u]Marley[/name_u], : either
    [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]: female
    and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]: Male
  1. What other nickname, besides [name_m]Art[/name_m], could be used for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]? [name_m]Artie[/name_m],[name_m]Thor[/name_m], [name_u]Ari[/name_u]. you may have more selection depending on the middle.
  2. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] and [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] are too close for brothers? Oh man I like both, but they’re quite “matchy”.
  3. What genders do you prefer the following names on? [name_u]Eden[/name_u] - boy [name_u]Marley[/name_u] - boy [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] - girl [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - boy
  4. Middle names for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]? [name_u]Rene[/name_u]’, [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], and [name_u]Sky[/name_u]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] these helped!

Boys:
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]: This is my middle name, so I can’t picture it on a boy.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]: I love this!
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]: Not a fan.
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]: Too attached to that dog movie.
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]: A little dated, and this spelling is too attached to the actress.
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]: A little dated and perhaps more feminine these days?
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]: I like this, but think it’s a little dated, too.

Girls:
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]: I want to like this more, but I can’t. It’s a nice name, but not for me.
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]: I like this.
[name_f]Nan[/name_f]: I call my grandmother’s this, so it can’t be a given name imo.
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]: Nice enough, but something puts me off of it for some reason…

My questions are…

1) What other nickname, besides [name_m]Art[/name_m], could be used for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?
Hmm…I guess only [name_m]Artie[/name_m]? Maybe Arth, Arthie and [name_m]Thor[/name_m]?
2) [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] and [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] are too close for brothers?
Yes.
3) What genders do you prefer the following names on? [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u].
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] - female
[name_u]Marley[/name_u] - female
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] - male
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - male
4) Middle names for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]?
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

1. [name_u]Ari[/name_u]
  2. Yes.
  3. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Marly[/name_f] - girls
    [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - boys
  4. [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] Clarimond
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Prudence[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] - I’ve always hated the sound of [name_u]Eden[/name_u], but I like it better on a boy than on a girl. Still, I’d be concerned about it being mistaken for [name_u]Aden[/name_u]/lumped into the [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]/[name_u]Jayden[/name_u]/[name_m]Braden[/name_m] craze.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] it. Perfect balance of handsome, classic, and clunky. It’s on my own list.
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m] - Huh. It’s kinda cool.
[name_u]Marley[/name_u] - I’d love to meet a little boy named [name_u]Marley[/name_u]. I can see it totally working.
[name_u]Reese[/name_u] - I prefer the [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] spelling, but this name has grown on me lately.
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] - Hate it on girls, it’s okay on boys. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn [name_m]Mac[/name_m].
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is a family name in my family, so I know for a fact that it’s perfectly wearable on guys. I think it’s really down-to-earth and likable, too.

Girls:
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] - Extremely cool. It feels equal parts vintage and modern. I picture a [name_f]Vera[/name_f] as being a fashionable, jet-setting career woman.
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] - A very imposing name that I wouldn’t want as a first, but can see the appeal of.
[name_f]Nan[/name_f] - Eh. I don’t think it can stand on its own; it’s just too bland.
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - NMS but it’s a perfectly fine name.

My questions are…

1. If I ever use [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], I’ll probably go with the nn [name_m]Bear[/name_m] (from the meaning) because it’s adorable. [name_u]Ari[/name_u] works, too.
  2. Yep, waaaaay too close. I like [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] much better than [name_m]Maverick[/name_m].
  3. All boys except for [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] which I think works equally well on both.
  4. [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]

What other nickname, besides [name_m]Art[/name_m], could be used for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?
The obvious ones are [name_m]Art[/name_m], [name_m]Artie[/name_m] and Arth. I also think [name_m]Thor[/name_m] could work on the right kid, but it’s not intuitive. [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is adorable on a baby, but would not age as well as the others.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] and [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] are too close for brothers?
Yes definitely. I’m not fond of either, but prefer [name_m]Merrick[/name_m].

What genders do you prefer the following names on? [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
All, except [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], immediately make me think girl because of various associations. (I know a very manly, tough, handsome boy called [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], so it has always been male to me.) However, I think they are all really trendy on girls, but refreshing on boys.

Middle names for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]?
Something simple, but elegant like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would work well; or for something more substantial, maybe [name_f]Florence[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f]?.. something on the more mainstream side of vintage, to balance but not clash, if that makes sense!

1) What other nickname, besides [name_m]Art[/name_m], could be used for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?
I have [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] on my own list and would use [name_m]Artie[/name_m] as a nickname.

2) [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] and [name_m]Merrick[/name_m] are too close for brothers?
[name_m]Way[/name_m] too close!

3) What genders do you prefer the following names on? [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u].
I’m not a big fan of unisex names and would say girl for all but [name_u]Marley[/name_u] HOWEVER I would find it way more interesting to hear them on boys.

4) Middle names for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]?
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]