Mila vs. Thea

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 62 (This poll is closed)

• Mila : 30 (48%)
  • Thea : 29 (47%)
  • Can’t see either with Owen.: 3 (5%)

Bumping for more votes. Thanks!

I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and think that is sounds very nice with [name_u]Owen[/name_u].
I could personally never see the appeal in the [name_f]Mila[/name_f] as I’m never sure whether it is Mee-la or Mill-uh but fwiw I’m not a fan of [name_f]Camille[/name_f]/[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] either.

I like both and could see either with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. [name_f]Mila[/name_f] sounds more modern to me, while I think of [name_f]Thea[/name_f] as more vintage. I voted for [name_f]Thea[/name_f] just because it’s more my style, but I don’t think you could go wrong with either!

I like [name_f]Mila[/name_f] far better than [name_f]Thea[/name_f] personally. [name_f]Mila[/name_f] just seems so much more fresh and goes far better with [name_u]Owen[/name_u] in my opinion.

Thanks for your opinions! @sarab.cook, it’s mee-la. Or at least that’s how I say it. I do worry about people saying it more like meal-ah, which is a subtle difference but really takes away from its beauty. I hear mee-la as crisper and meal-uh as more nasally.

Of course with [name_f]Thea[/name_f] there are several legit pronunciations to think about…

@maria23 I agree that [name_f]Mila[/name_f] feels more modern and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] more vintage and maybe soulful/nurturing?

@sarahmeganc, I’m glad to hear positive feedback on [name_f]Mila[/name_f]. I was worried! I’m actually leaning toward it, mostly because it has parts of my name and two of my sisters names in it.

I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f]! Super cute and goes well with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. Whenever I hear [name_f]Mila[/name_f] I think [name_f]Mila[/name_f] Kunis (not that that’s a bad thing cause I love her) so I personally wouldn’t use it. However I do think it’s a cute name! But as far as this goes for you I would go with [name_f]Thea[/name_f].

I really like both, but I think [name_f]Mila[/name_f] is great with [name_u]Owen[/name_u] so I voted for that.

I love both names but to go with [name_u]Owen[/name_u] I feel [name_f]Mila[/name_f] is better.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f]! Not a fan of [name_f]Mila[/name_f].

I really enjoy both, but something about [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] gives me the warm fuzzies.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] by itself does seem soulful, but I’m one of those people who like sibsets to be somehow cohesive, and I think [name_f]Mila[/name_f] is a better fit, for whatever reason. I really can’t put my finger on it.

FWIW I think most people (at least in the US/[name_f]Canada[/name_f]) would pronounce it MEE-luh. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say it otherwise.

I think [name_f]Mila[/name_f] sounds awesome with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]!

Looks like [name_f]Mila[/name_f]'s pulling ahead, but not a landslide. Good to know. Thanks everyone!

I like them both equally, but I think [name_f]Thea[/name_f] goes better with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. [name_f]Mila[/name_f] has that exotic vibe to it which [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] don’t have.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t you love it when polls are nearly tied? The comments are helpful though, so thank you all.

If it helps at all, I think I would change my vote from [name_f]Thea[/name_f] to [name_f]Mila[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I (slightly) prefer [name_f]Thea[/name_f], after thinking about it more, I really love how well [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] go together!

It helps! That’s pretty much where I’m at. I want to love [name_f]Thea[/name_f] more because I think it a better for stylistically, but there’s just something about [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] that is cuter [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Mila[/name_f] better and actually quite dislike [name_f]Thea[/name_f], but you asked specifically what we thinks fits better with [name_u]Owen[/name_u], so I voted for [name_f]Thea[/name_f].