Mild regret over spelling of baby name

[name_f]Violette[/name_f] makes the pronunciation confusing to me. I wanted to say [name_f]Vi[/name_f]-oh-let not [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] change it now when she’s little if you prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] works for [name_f]Violet[/name_f] too.

If you want to change her name, now is the time since she’s only a few months old. There’s barely any difference between [name_f]Violette[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] anyway so it’d be a fairly easy transition. I think [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] is a fairly intuitive nickname for either spelling. However, if you decide to keep [name_f]Violette[/name_f], I don’t think it’s too difficult a name for school kids (although she’ll probably be spelling her name for others a lot since people will automatically spell her name [name_f]Violet[/name_f]). Either way, I think you’ve chosen a glorious name (from one [name_f]Violet/name_f mama to another :wink: ).

Change it to [name_f]Violet[/name_f], absolutely!

Exactly what I was going to say. Personally I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Violette[/name_f], and I pronounce it the french way, with VEE instead of Vy.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] change it! [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Violet[/name_f] still makes sense, and you like it better that way. It shouldn’t be too hard, it’s the same name, you won’t even have to tell anyone unless it’s her doctor or daycare, etc, who would have her official name on file.

I don’t think [name_f]Violette[/name_f] is going to have problems with spelling her own name but I think that she will have to go through life having to correcting people on the spelling of the name. I would strongly recommend changing the spelling of her name to [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to say I agree that I would pronounce them differently. [name_f]Violette[/name_f] to me would sound [name_m]French[/name_m] with an EE sound, while [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is how we say the flower with an EYE sound. If that matters…