Millie acceptable nickname?

I have a 6 week old baby girl named [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but I’m obsessed with [name_f]Millie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Camille[/name_f]. Is it weird to call her [name_f]Millie[/name_f] if her first name is [name_f]Violet[/name_f]? Thanks!

I don’t think it’s weird at all to have an nickname derived from your middle name. It would probably be confusing for other people if she normally goes by [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and you also want people to call her [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. But if you intend to have her go by [name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]/[name_f]Lettie[/name_f] at school and such and call her [name_f]Millie[/name_f] as more of a “pet name” at home, that’s fine. Or if she goes by [name_f]Millie[/name_f] most of the time and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] is just for the birth certificate. I know a Ted whose full name is [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and everyone just knows him as Ted with no problem.

If that’s what you want to call her at home and in her family unit yes but I think it will be difficult outside of that. If you don’t like the nickname [name_f]Vi[/name_f] I highly recommend switching the names.

I don’t like [name_f]Vi[/name_f], and that’s what people are already calling her :(…I did consider just calling her by her middle name, I’m so torn

She’s young enough that you should be able to change her birth certificate.

Yeah I would do so. [name_f]Camille[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are just as gorgeous and she’s still only so little.

[name_f]Millie[/name_f] could work but it’d take some explaining every time she introduced herself. In a lot of places people are going to look at her papers and see [name_f]Violet[/name_f], so that’s what they’ll call her.
I agree with some previous posters, if I were you I’d change her name. Better change it now that she’s young than regret it forever! [name_f]Camille[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] sounds lovely, though if you don’t like [name_f]Camille[/name_f] as a first name then [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] is a name that sounds kind of like a combination of [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] + it has nickname [name_f]Millie[/name_f]

I agree with others in regards to swapping the names, especially if you’re more excited about [name_f]Millie[/name_f] than [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

I adore [name_f]Millie[/name_f], by the way.

I agree with everyone. [name_f]Millie[/name_f]'s absolutely adorable, btw. :slight_smile: