Millie?

What full names can you think of that could use the nn [name]Millie[/name]? I’m trying to convince hubby that its a cute name, but [name]Millicent[/name] and [name]Mildred[/name] aren’t cutting it.
Thanks!

I love the nn!

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Milena[/name]
[name]Milla[/name]
[name]Milana[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]

Like any of those?

[name]Millie[/name] is really darling! I second all of Ljandrl’s suggestions.

What about [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Mathilde[/name], though?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] to get the NN [name]Millie[/name].

A friend of mine has a [name]Muriel[/name] that she calls “[name]Millie[/name].” I think most M names would work. I could even see a [name]Michelle[/name] being called “[name]Millie[/name].”

[name]Don[/name]'t know where you are, but in the UK it’s pretty normal just to be called ‘[name]Millie[/name]’ - it doesn’t have to be short for anything! However, if you’re not feeling that, I like [name]Amelia[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Camille[/name] is on our list :slight_smile: I thought it would be a stretch to use [name]Millie[/name], but since more than one person suggested it I may use it!

[name]Amelia[/name] - We know an [name]Amelia[/name], so while I love it…its out :confused:
[name]Camilla[/name] - DH prefers [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name] - too close to [name]Amelia[/name] for me
[name]Romilly[/name] - I can’t picture myself using this name.
[name]Emilia[/name] - our goddaughter is [name]Emily[/name]…
[name]Milena[/name] - was on our list at one point. I had forgotten about this name!
[name]Milla[/name] - I suggested [name]Mila[/name] to DH and he was turned off by the fact that people would always say it wrong.
[name]Milana[/name] - my dad was born in [name]Italy[/name], this would be a cute tribute!
[name]Amelie[/name] - same dealio as [name]Amalia[/name] for me. Gorgeous, though!

Thanks, Everyone!

I went through a phase where I loved [name]Matilda[/name]. Now I’m not so sure about it because of the automatic nickname, [name]Mattie[/name]. [name]Every[/name] other little girl I meet is [name]Madison[/name] or [name]Madeline[/name] and I just can’t picture my daughter being lost in a swarm of [name]Mattie[/name]'s. :confused:

I personally couldn’t use only a nickname for a child. I grew up with a nickname-less name and sort of felt left out. I’ve basically sworn to give my future children full names with a nickname option.

Top contenders, atm:

Girls:
[name]Camille[/name] ([name]Cam[/name])
[name]Adeline[/name] ([name]Addie[/name])
[name]Juliet[/name] ([name]Jules[/name])
[name]Aria[/name] ([name]Ari[/name]) - hubby’s fav, not so much mine
[name]Eliza[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name]) - hubby’s not on board with this one :frowning:

Boys: (Boys names are so much harder!)
[name]Rowan[/name] ([name]Roe[/name])
[name]Weston[/name] ([name]West[/name])
[name]Declan[/name] (Dec)
I’m in love with [name]Beckett[/name] but it sounds funny with our last name. (Starts with a B, but rhymes with [name]March[/name])

I’m sorry, I forgot to include before that I’m not pregnant yet. I am married and we’ve been tossing around names, though.

My daughter’s name is [name]Milla[/name]. We get so many compliments on it. People rarely say it wrong. She is almost two and it has happened fewer than five times. I guess it depends where you live. When asked about her name I always say “[name]Milla[/name]”, like “[name]Ca[/name]-milla”. I was in the same boat as you two years ago. My husband wasn’t ever going to go with [name]Millicent[/name] or [name]Mildred[/name] with the nn [name]Millie[/name]. He had the impression that [name]Millie[/name] reminded him of a dog. We compromised with [name]Milla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

Is your daughter MEE-lah or Mi-lah?

To me [name]Camilla[/name] is [name]Ca[/name]-MEE-la
[name]Camille[/name] is ca-MEAL

I say [name]Camilla[/name] ca-MILL-uh and [name]Camille[/name] ca-MEEL. I’d therefore say [name]Milla[/name] like [name]Camilla[/name], MILL-uh. That’s just me though!

I’ve never heard [name]Camilla[/name] pronounced with a “meal” sound but that’s just me, and I live in the UK so could be different in the US!

We’d say MEE-lah :wink:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Millie[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it. If I didn’t have an [name]Ellie[/name], I’d very seriously consider it for a fourth girl, it’s just adorable!
If I ever were to use it, I’d probably name her [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], or [name]Emilie[/name] (if [name]Emily[/name] wasn’t my second daughter’s middle name)
I don’t like [name]Millicent[/name] or [name]Mildred[/name]…I’m not sure why. [name]Just[/name] don’t like the sound. But I absolutely adore [name]Millie[/name] :slight_smile: