Milo

The [name]Archer[/name] post inspired me. What do you think will become of [name]Milo[/name]? It was a character on [name]Law[/name] & Order the other night, and somehow that ruined it for me! Am I being silly? I really love the sound of it, but I wonder if [name]Hugo[/name] or [name]Bruno[/name] might be less trendy in the next few years?

Granted, [name]Milo[/name] has made rapid movement up the charts, but he’s still barely cracked top 500, and is still far outpaced by [name]Miles[/name]. I only know one real-life baby [name]Milo[/name], and he lives in the U.K. I don’t think he’ll ever be wildly popular, just a likeable, well-known name.

I considered [name]Milo[/name] & [name]Miles[/name] for my now 4 and half year old daughter. I think it’s definitely going to clib higher and it’s already too high for my tastes. You’re definitely safer with [name]Bruno[/name], he’s on my lists (it’s my stepmom’s maiden name) and nobody seems to like [name]Bruno[/name] but [name]Hugo[/name] I fear is going to follow [name]Milo[/name] right up the charts, I’ve been seeing [name]Hugo[/name] everywhere lately! I’m in Massachusetts and there are little [name]Milos[/name] everywhee. Likely a good number of them are [name]Miles[/name]’ nn [name]Milo[/name] ([name]Miles[/name] is a Puritan name here) but still, A [name]Milo[/name] or [name]Miles[/name] wouldn’t stand out even the littlest bit in my neck of the woods. [name]Hugo[/name] will for awhile, but [name]Bruno[/name] will for a good ling while, I think!

Good to know, [name]Lola[/name]. Am I right in thinking that names that are first popular in the NE will eventually spread to the rest of the U.S.? I’ve also heard that many people are naming their daughters [name]Miley[/name]. I would hate for my little guy to be confused with [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] namesakes!

Believe it or not, trends start in various places. Some things “take” better in the middle of the country, some things on the [name]East[/name] coast & some things on the [name]West[/name] coast. [name]Miles[/name], because of the Puritan link, is taking off here. Neither rank in the top 100 yet, but I think he’ll rank very soon, I hear him everywhere! Makes me rather glad mine was born with girl parts! :smiley:

The name [name]Maile[/name] was on my top list, but now with [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] I don’t think I would use it. But by the time I have kids, it may be usable :wink:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Milo[/name], but I’m hung up about it’s nick-name feel. For it, I would need to use a longer name, with [name]Milo[/name] as a nickname. [name]Haven[/name]'t come up with the perfect name yet, but I’m working on it. I don’t care for [name]Miles[/name] too much. I didn’t know [name]Milo[/name] was moving up in rank…sad.

I love [name]Miles[/name], but I wouldn’t give [name]Milo[/name] as a full name. That would be his nickname. I love the jaunty, antique feel and the -o ending. I don’t think it’s going to become that popular.

I think [name]Miles[/name] is going to get popular in say, the private school set but overall it won’t get super popular. When my son was in private school it seemed like almost all the kids were either [name]Andrew[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name]. But my daughter is in public school now, and those names aren’t so common. At my son’s college in upstate New [name]York[/name] there were so many Rachels, Lauras, and Rebeccas! We don’t have so many of those names here in L.A. I would go ahead and use the name [name]Miles[/name] or [name]Miles[/name] nn [name]Milo[/name] because it is very handsome.

I agree that [name]Milo[/name] will be popular with the country club set soon, but my sister (the indie graphic designer set) has a few friends w/ boys names [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Milo[/name], so may want to check ssa.gov to see if it’s climbing the charts!

I’m considering [name]Milo[/name]! I love it, even if it is climbing.

I’m considering [name]Milo[/name]! I love it, even if it is climbing.