Mimosa

My thoughts are the same as the PP. All I can think about it the alcoholic beverage…

I’m sorry, but I don’t like this name because it’s the name of a cocktail and therefore isn’t classy. I would compromise and use it as a middle name. However, if he won’t budge on the name, you could call her [name]Mimi[/name].

Yeah, my first thought was “conception name”

I think it sounds very sweet and the nn’s are adorable. However, I’ve never heard of the drink before. Since the previous posters have been very negative, I think I would use it as a middle name. If you feel brave, go ahead and use it!:slight_smile:

It’s a cocktail. To me it’s equivalent to Sangria, brandy, scotch, [name]Margarita[/name] (yes I know this is also a name), wine, beer. You might as well call her Alcohol, or spirits.

What about mazarine, maisie, mischa, or mimi,

I’d use it as a middle because of the whole beverage thing, but [name]Mimosa[/name] doesn’t just make me think of the drink. I love mimosa fragrances, and [name]Chanel[/name] has a nail polish with the name (it’s the color of true mimosa flowers). Also, the Persian silk tree (not a true mimosa) is prevalent in my area and people refer to it as mimosa.

[name]Mimosa[/name] instantly brings the drink to mind. Would he settle for it as a middle name?

Exactly, there ARE plenty of Brandys and Champagnes out there. And Tequilas, and Sherrys, and Sangrias, and Baileys, and Chardonnays… this is the crowd Mimosa would be stuck with by association.

I just can’t see doing this to a kid, even though Mimosa is among the more usable (like Bailey and Sherry), and Mosie is cute. Just don’t. Middle, if that.

How about:
Amosa
Momose
Mosa or Mosi
Omosede
Moselle
or just plain Mosie, which is a name in its own right!

Thank you for all your comments ladies. It’s just what I was after.

I actually mentioned to my husband this morning if he’d heard of a drink made from champagne and orange juice. He said no - I was like oh well it’s called [name]Mimosa[/name]… No comment from him :slight_smile:

I would still be happy for him to use it as a middle name if he loves it. But even my fellow Australians are saying it reminds them of a drink! I would not like a daughter of mine to go through life being thought of as a cocktail! Not very classy. Although it is a pretty name with other nice associations. sigh.

I never knew people chose conception type names as in what they were drinking that night. That is so - umm- trashy!

At least I know now. And there are some lovely options here too.
[name]Magnolia[/name], Omosede, Amosa. [name]How[/name] nice. And I still think [name]Mosie[/name] is really cute (I have a thing with ie endings). I will keep your suggestions for future reference.

:slight_smile: