Mind or heart

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! I wanna ask you about the middle names. I’m considering two names (with different spellings). First one is [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f] / [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]. I like it but nothing much I guess. The spelling is international tho.
The second name is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. First of all: who doesn’t remember [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u]! I guess she was the first one who made me love that name. This name would also honor my grandfather, who passed away years ago… There’s one issue tho: I don’t live in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country and I don’t know if choosing an [name_f]English[/name_f] middle name wouldn’t sound too ‘foreign’. But I guess I will never like that much the other version of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], the one which would be more familiar in my country.
I don’t know if I should follow my mind and choose [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f], because it’s international and nice, or if I should follow my heart and choose a name I love, which would honor a family member (but it’s a foreign spelling here).
What do you think?

2 Likes

How about [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]? Then you get the best of both worlds. [name_u]Or[/name_u], maybe you could just use [name_u]Jo[/name_u]. [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is pretty, too.

2 Likes

Thank you but I don’t wanna change the first name I’ve already chosen! I’m just considering which one should I choose for a MN. :blush:

3 Likes

I think it absolutely makes sense to pick the name that’s meaningful to you and that you feel enthusiastic about! In the middle spot you would avoid pretty much all of the hassle that can come along with an unfamiliar name, if you’re concerned about that. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is lovely!

3 Likes

Follow your heart. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] feels special

1 Like

I would say the middle spot is the perfect place to follow your heart! If you love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] choose [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. Besides how often do you really use your middle name (especially spoken?)

2 Likes

I was going to say go with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] anyway, but definitely go with it since it’s for a middle!

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t get that. Then definitely go with the one you love. Few people will use her middle name, right?

1 Like

Josephine 100%. It is meaningful for you, and follows your heart. Who cares if people won’t be quick to pronounce it correctly right away? If they are loved ones, they’ll learn. If the care, they’ll learn. If they’re not, it likely doesn’t matter anyway.

1 Like

I’d say follow your heart :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely go with your heart and use [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is so elegant and feels special such a beautiful name. I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] is sweet.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. And for the spellings I prefer [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] over [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f].

1 Like

Absolutely use [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

1 Like