Mine or His?

See the results of this poll: Mine or His?

Respondents: 134 (This poll is closed)

• Eleanor Lila : 56 (42%)
  • Norah Genevieve: 78 (58%)

They are both solid, but I prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name] for a few reasons.

1. I think [name]Eleanor[/name] gives her more options than [name]Norah[/name]. She can go by [name]Nora[/name], or [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Nell[/name]/[name]Nellie[/name]/[name]Lena[/name] or just the full [name]Eleanor[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name]'s such a serious name and [name]Lila[/name] adds a lot of spunk and sparkle! I can also see an [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name] called [name]Nella[/name] which I love.

2. [name]Norah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]…[name]Norah[/name] is a lot more limited in nicknames, and while [name]Genevieve[/name] spunks up more serious [name]Norah[/name] a bit, it’s not quite the same contrast, and I love that sort of contrast!

Good luck! They’re both solid either way.

I think I also slightly prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name]. I agree with pp about the wealth of nickname options, which your daughter might appreciate when she’s older. As much as I love [name]Genevieve[/name], I just don’t love [name]Norah[/name] as much as a stand alone name. Good luck!

I find [name]Norah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] to be completely charming. I quite love it!! I just don’t love all the L-sounds in [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name].

I think it depends on if yu want to call her [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Norah[/name] - and if you like a name with nickname options. I like [name]Norah[/name] more than [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] more than [name]Norah[/name] but would decide based on what i wanted to call her everyday and whether i like a full name/nicknmae option

I find that [name]Norah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] FLOWS better, but that I LIKE [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name] better as a name, if that makes sense. [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] go together better than [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] do, but I like both [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] a little better than both [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name].

That being said, I really like both names (as you can see from my signature!), so you really can’t go wrong. [name]Norah[/name] is spunkier than [name]Eleanor[/name] (a more classic choice), but then [name]Lila[/name] is more fun that [name]Genevieve[/name] (a more…I don’t know…fancy? choice).

Thanks everyone! I was afraid of this, the poll is as split as we are :(. Any other stand out opinions to help us choose?

You could always take both and when the baby is born, pick one :slight_smile:

[name]Both[/name] names are absolutely lovely! You can’t go wrong, but I find [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name] to be slightly more interesting and appealing.

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name]. :slight_smile: It’s so sweet and classic. I adore it.

I like [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Norah[/name], but I don’t like [name]Lila[/name] or [name]Genevieve[/name] so it’s hard for me to pick.

However if the option was [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] I would be all over it like a red hot rash. Possibly my fave combo of all time.

Tiebreaker time? What names do you like for future kids? [name]Do[/name] they sound better with [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Norah[/name]? Does [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Norah[/name] rule out some other names that you love and would like to leave on the table : D. Does one set of initials just “look better”?

I agree, it might just be when you meet her, she’ll be more clearly an [name]Eleanor[/name] or more clearly a [name]Norah[/name]…

Good luck!

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name] - I think it gives you more options for interesting nn’s that can really suit your little girls personality. [name]Norah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is a little more limited. (I also prefer [name]Nora[/name] to [name]Norah[/name]).

[name]Lindsay[/name], I wanted to jump on what @jesba said about siblings. While [name]Norah[/name] is lovely on its own right, I think [name]Eleanor[/name] just sings with [name]Clara[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Emilia[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], etc.! [name]Norah[/name] just doesn’t fit in quite like [name]Eleanor[/name] does. [name]Just[/name] makes me love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name] even more. :slight_smile:

I think both names sound nice with our other favorites ([name]Dean[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] are most of our top choices) [name]Eleanor[/name] might be a slightly better fit in that aspect. I think the initials are fairly the same too; [name]ELY[/name] vs. NGY Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

Exactly.

• [name]Athena[/name]

I love both equally and this was a tough decision. They are both lovely names but I would have to pick [name]Norah[/name] though because that is a family name so I am biased. I do love [name]Eleanor[/name] though, as proven by my signature.

I agree with claireelise- [name]Norah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] flows better, but I like [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name] better as a name. I also agree that [name]Eleanor[/name] gives you more options as far as nicknames go. So I would go with [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name].

I vote [name]Norah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] because of its stunning flow. But actually, I love the classic [name]Eleanor[/name] much more than [name]Norah[/name]. So it’s difficult… love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lila[/name].

[name]May[/name] I suggest an idea? [name]Eleanora[/name] nn [name]Norah[/name].
I personally prefer the mn [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Emilia[/name]