Minerva "V" Geneviève (Quick Poll)

• [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Geneviève
  • [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] Geneviève
  • [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] Geneviève

0 voters

What do you think of these names? What vibes and imagery do they give off to you? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the heavy Vs or is it not your thing? Why did you choose the option you chose?
Thanks, Berries!

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] sounds very mysterious and magic. For some reason, I associate it with the color blue and the sea.
I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! It’s currently on the top of my list for a girl. However, [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my favorite combination from your poll. It’s unique, fresh and powerful. The three names flow well together.
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is an adorable name, but “[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]” doesn’t work for me, sorry. It’s too repetitive.

2 Likes

I voted for [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], because I like how it flows the best. I like all three names, especially [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]. I get a very strong, mystical vibe from this combo. I’m not generally a fan of repeating sounds, but that’s just a personal preference.

[quote=“[name_f]Estrela[/name_f], post:2, topic:337930, full:true”]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] sounds very mysterious and magic. For some reason, I associate it with the color blue and the sea.
I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! It’s currently on the top of my list for a girl. However, [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my favorite combination from your poll. It’s unique, fresh and powerful. The three names flow well together.
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is an adorable name, but “[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]” doesn’t work for me, sorry. It’s too repetitive.
[/quote]

Ditto to all of this—[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] Geneviève feels at once soft and powerful, like a gently rolling wave. I think this is in part due to the repeated -a endings, which sets it apart from [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for me.

They’re all lovely names, but I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f] run into the ‘va’ in [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] a little too much. I voted for [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but again I’m not really a fan of how it sounds with Geneviève.

1 Like

I feel the same way as @gia.berry. I think the in the first two combos [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Viola[/name_f] run into each other, and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] just sounds a little awkward. I’d go for something else

I like the repeating sounds, but personally I think [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Viola[/name_f] might sound better. I agree with pp’s that the ending of [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] and the beginning of [name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Viola[/name_f] run into eachother.
I do think all three names fit perfectly together though.
I think I prefer [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], I like the imagery it gives me. Very soft, yet strong with a hint of magic and whimsy.

I voted for [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], I kind of shock myself because I normally don’t care for -a ending names side-by-side like that, but I really do find it the prettiest option here. I assume [name_f]Viola[/name_f] would be pronounce vye-oh-lah, but I think it would be gorgeous if read as vee-oh-lah, like the instrument.

I like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] the best. The V names are a bit too soundy for me with the V in [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] seems like the perfect first-middle in between such grand names.

[quote=“[name_f]Estrela[/name_f], post:2, topic:337930”]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my favorite combination from your poll. It’s unique, fresh and powerful. The three names flow well together.
[/quote]

Thanks, you two. It seems like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is the more popular poll option but the [name_f]Viola[/name_f] commenters are more plentiful so that says something about rhe strength of [name_f]Viola[/name_f]. I think right now I like it best, too.

[quote=“[name_f]Gia[/name_f].berry, post:5, topic:337930”]
I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f] run into the ‘va’ in [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] a little too much.
[/quote]

I wonder if you think that in light of our preferred pronunciation for Geneviève. I love the name [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and it honors my 2nd great grandmother [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (the US pronunciation of [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]-veev) but I never choose it as a first because I would want it to be Geneviève (Zhahn-vee-ev). I know one American-born Geneviève in the US and she struggles against the other pronunciation all the time. I speak [name_u]French[/name_u] at home so I would likely call this little one Geneviève on a daily basis (I prefer it to [name_f]Minerve[/name_f], which sounds like “getting on my nerves” in [name_u]French[/name_u], although I say [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] is my favorite girl’s name of all time in [name_f]English[/name_f]). I see where [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] scrunch together for vava but I also see the same in Geneviève [name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Viola[/name_f]. Perhaps even more scrunched as it would sound like [name_f]Genevie[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f]? What do you think?

That description is totally what I’m going for. Hmm, how to sort this combo out…? I love it but it also so problematic.

I often surprise myself with this very thing. As a rule I prefer to avoid double -a, but in practice I often wind up liking them. As for pronunciation of [name_f]Viola[/name_f], my most preferred is [name_f]Viola[/name_f] like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] VYE-uh-la, but knowing most people would pronounce it vye-OH-la doesn’t bother me at all and I take that into account whenever I put [name_f]Viola[/name_f] in a combo. I also like that pronunciation so it’s a split the difference kind of thing.

In light of your other comments, does the leev/vee-ev bother you?

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! I’m still rolling this one over, so more comments are more than welcome.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I think that [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] and Geneviève are both such strong, powerful names that they need a little bit of whimsy in the middle, and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] does just that- it’s happy and light while still matching the style of the other names. [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] also seems a bit repetitive because it has the same rhythm and A ending, but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] balances nicely with both names. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] isn’t really my style, and I think [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Geneviève is the best option.
Also, I really love the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation of Geneviève!

1 Like

It’s funny - I guess because the “V” comes at the end of the name rather than at the beginning, it doesn’t strike me as having as much of the recurring ‘v’ sound. To me, [name_f]Liv[/name_f] sounds lighter and more vibrant than the others in this setting.
They’re all lovely though. Whichever you pick will be great.

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a lovely name, but I think [name_f]Viola[/name_f] just flows better. [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is gorgeous

1 Like

I voted for [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is more grounded in comparison to the divine [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] and the grandiose [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and makes it sound more well rounded IMHO.

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is really pretty! I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] helps to balance/bridge the style differences between [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] (magical and fanciful) and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (familiar yet frilly). I do like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] but the Vs don’t quite line up right for me :confused: