Minuette vs Matilda

Thought had decided but now not sure… Which name do you prefer: [name]Katherine[/name] Minuette [name]Hedley[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]? Minuette is pn min-you-et-eh.

I’m pretty much due now and can’t decide… [name]Alexander[/name] is being very helpful and doesn’t mind - he says it’s up to me! For those of you who don’t know Minuette is my name and her brothers are named [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]. Help!!!

Thanks, [name]Minnie[/name]

Definitely [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Hedley[/name]! Good luck!

Based on flow, I’d say definitely [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], but if it’s important to honor her with your name, then meaning trumps flow. [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] would be my choice, though.

I agree exactly! [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] sounds best to me (although I do like both options) but meaning’s more important in my opinion so if the connection with Minuette means a lot to you I’d use it. But if I remember correctly your husband was more keen on using Minuette than you were so if you prefer [name]Matilda[/name] I say go for it! It’s one of my favourite names :slight_smile:

I’m going to agree with every one else. [name]Matilda[/name] flows that bit better. Although I do think Minuette is a very pretty and unusual (without being weird) choice.

Good luck! [name]Eli[/name]

I vote for Minuette! [name]Katherine[/name] is a very beautiful name and is widely used. I think a middle name that is a bit different would be best with it. And I’m sure your daughter would love being named after you! I told you in another thread that I think it sounds like a ballerina name. :smiley:

I think I would vote for your name regardless, but I’m really not a big [name]Matilda[/name] fan. Yes it’s a “classic” name, but it seems so trendy right now with all of the Maddys/Maddies/Matties, etc. The trendiness takes away from the beauty of [name]Katherine[/name]. (Obviously this is just my opinion.) Minuette all the way!

Oh my gosh, definitely Minuette! Personally I prefer the flow better but honestly that has little to do with it in my opinion. Minuette is awesome! Seriously it’s so cool! It’s a million times more interesting than [name]Matilda[/name]. And I think [name]Katherine[/name] should have an interesting middle name. The fact that it’s your name just makes it a million times better.

[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] flows very nicely, so that would be my choice. :slight_smile: