Mira or Cara

My husband likes [name]Cara[/name] and I like [name]Mira[/name]. If we went with [name]Cara[/name], we might name her [name]Caroline[/name], but would call her [name]Cara[/name]. We are fine with either, but are afraid our family thinks [name]Mira[/name] is unusual. Her middle name will most likely be [name]Grace[/name]. What’s your vote?

[name]Mira[/name], one of my faves. Can be a nn for [name]Mirabella[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], or [name]Miriam[/name].

I second [name]Susan[/name]! [name]Love[/name] [name]Mira[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]!

These are both on my list of names for our baby girl (due in Sept). When I ran them past my husband his first thought on [name]Mira[/name] was “[name]Mira[/name], [name]Mira[/name], on the wall…” (from [name]Snow[/name] White). I never would have made that connection, but that was his first instinct, so he doesn’t like the name anymore.

I think they are both beautiful, unique (but not strange) and wonderful girl names! Best of luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Cara[/name]. I would have used it except it rhymes with my own name ([name]Sarah[/name]). I also considered using [name]Caroline[/name] as the full name w/ [name]Cara[/name] as a nickname, but my husband did not like the “[name]Carol[/name]” aspect of [name]Caroline[/name] (I think [name]Caroline[/name] is a classic).

My concern with [name]Mira[/name] is that people might pronounce it [name]Myra[/name]