Miracle Isabella?

I’ve been toying with names S/O’s suggested and my own favourites to see what I can come up with lately, and I’ve come up with a couple of ideas.

Miracle is a favourite of mine, it feels beautiful and sweet, and despite the cheesiness of it, I still can’t help but want to use it. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is one S/O loves, but we can’t use it as a first name, as MIL’s dog is named [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (she answers to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]-B, etc. so I don’t think there’s any getting around that!), and it’d be a bit confusing, as we’re at her house at least once a week, lol.

What do you think of [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] “[name_f]Miri[/name_f]/Mira” as a combination? I’m fully aware [name_f]Miracle[/name_f]’s not to everyone’s tastes, but I’m hoping it’s still usable, given it’s popularity in the US (pretty consistently top 500 since 2003!).

Thank you :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s the worst but definitely not my style. Flows fine.

I’d suggest [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] as a compromise between your styles

6 Likes

Miracle [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Miri[/name_f]/Mira feels balanced and lovely

2 Likes

Mirabelle is nice, but I don’t love it the way I love [name_f]Miracle[/name_f]. It just doesn’t feel right for me. I know I personally wouldn’t mind being named [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] myself, which is one thing I do ask myself when considering names I like.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] could definitely work word names are used so commonly nowadays people get called [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_u]Fable[/name_u] and [name_u]Story[/name_u] I don’t see why you can’t use [name_f]Miracle[/name_f]. However with that aside I do prefer [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_u]Fable[/name_u] & [name_u]Story[/name_u] over [name_f]Miracle[/name_f]. I just think [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] is cheesy and me personally I wouldn’t want to be called [name_f]Miracle[/name_f]. However if you love [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] go for it! I think [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is pretty but I would be put off if I was you as it’s your MIL dog’s name I just think that’s awkward. Suggestion [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]? Similar vibe to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] but not the name of the child’s grandma’s dog. I think [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] is cute.

1 Like

I’m not at all put off by it tbh, it’s in the middle spot, and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] does also honour my mom as it shares a meaning with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I get that it’s a bit odd, but I feel like because we wouldn’t call her [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], it wouldn’t be too weird?

[name_f]Miracle[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] is nice tho! S/O might be on board with [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], I’ll ask :slight_smile:

@leafsgirl44 if it honours your mum go for it honestly I think honour names are the way forward. I’m just unsure on [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] because the dog association still if it doesn’t bother you go for it. Personally I would use [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] I think it’s prettier!

I think it’s pretty!

1 Like

I think they go really well together.

1 Like

My elder daughter’s friend is named [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] but goes by [name_f]Mira[/name_f] or [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Miracle[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] sounds lovely xx

1 Like