Miriam?

I found this name in my distant family tree and am really starting to like it. I love the nickname [name]Miri[/name]. What do you think of it? Is it too old lady sounding?

I love it; one of my favorites! I love how soft it sounds, how it’s one of those unique names that is ultra-feminine without being at all frilly. I love that it is timeless and classic (look at its popularity graph and note the beautiful almost straight line) and also how it’s never been overly popular yet its decidedly warm and familiar.
I love the nn’s, too - [name]Miri[/name] is wonderful, but there’s also Mir, [name]Mira[/name], [name]Mia[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Mim[/name], and even [name]Amy[/name].
I could see how to some people it might sound like a name that is more appropriate for a grown woman than a child, but that is where all those wonderful playful nn’s come in, and I think it’s a name that any little girl could really make her own.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]! I don’t think it’s too old lady-ish at all, especially with nicknames [name]Miri[/name], [name]Mira[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Mia[/name], etc. to freshen it up. Also, my first association of [name]Miriam[/name] is my eight year old neighbor, so definitely not old lady!

I absolutely adore [name]Miriam[/name] as well as the nickname [name]Miri[/name].

M has so many sumptuous names, almost makes me want to go all Duggar-like, but M-style. [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Matilda[/name]…

Anyway, I’m going a bit off-topic. [name]Miriam[/name] is lovely and not old-lady to me at all! So beautiful.

Kaybee x

One of my dear friends is named [name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]. I love that name so much and so does she. I don’t think it is old sounding at all!

I absolutely love the name [name]Miriam[/name], nn [name]Miri[/name]. It was on my list.

I never think a name is old enough to sound fresh again. If I think a name is dated, it stays that way. However, there are also many I never realized were dated. [name]Miriam[/name], though not exactly a name I like, isn’t one that comes with an expiry date. If I honestly think about it, it’s pretty (unlike many Hebrew names), and doesn’t have a meaning to avoid, but I still feel it would imply I was more religious than I am.

i never considered it religious…does it really convey that image? i’m not religious either.

It doesn’t convey that image at ALL! Yes it is a hebrew name. Yes there are a whole lot of Jewish parents naming their children this. But it’s so very classy no matter what youyr religious values happen to be.

I love it!

I also like [name]Maren[/name] and Mauri

I’ve never actually met anyone with the name [name]Miriam[/name]… I guess I never realized the Jewish connection because I live in the south and we don’t have a very large Jewish community.