MN Archer, Adrian, or ??

See the results of this poll: Which one?

Respondents: 8 (This poll is closed)

• North Archer : 2 (25%)
  • North Adrian: 6 (75%)

[name]North[/name] [name]Archer[/name] sounds like a constellation to me, so as much as I really love [name]Archer[/name], I would no use that combination. [name]North[/name] [name]Adrian[/name] is very nice, and [name]Adrian[/name] is a really handsome name. Plus, you could continue your “theme.” I really love that one!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Lemon[/name]! Nice to hear positive feedback on [name]Adrian[/name] for a boy, since it seems to be predominantly used for girls. I think its really handsome too! I had the same concern for my first son’s middle name, [name]Andrea[/name]. In the US at least people assume the female [name]ANN[/name]-dre-uh, not the male “On-DRAY-uh” (even though no one seems to have trouble with [name]Andre[/name] for a boy). We decided to use it early on to honor my husband’s grandfather, but put it in the middle to avoid the male/female confusion. Such a shame, to me it is a nice name for a girl, but also such a strong male name (makes me think of [name]Andrea[/name] Bocelli!).

Another vote for [name]North[/name] [name]Adrian[/name] just sounds so much better than [name]North[/name] [name]Archer[/name]… think it’s just too much “r” sound. [name]Love[/name] [name]Adrian[/name] for a boy. To be honest [name]North[/name] really isn’t my style but if you love it then ignore me! What are your other boys names?

Good luck! [name]Rachel[/name]

Thanks [name]Rachel[/name]! My other boys names are [name]Ari[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] (yes, I know, totally different styles…complicated to mix two cultures!). We agreed to pick names that could be pronounced easily in both lanuguages, which is pretty limiting…and we went around in circles so many times that we didn’t finally settle on names for either of them until the hospital threatened to keep me forever if I didn’t pick one! We’re also considering [name]August[/name] for a boy, but something keeps bringing me back to [name]North[/name] (though it is a name that I really can’t pinpoint why I like it). What about it don’t you like? Would really appreciate all opinions, positive or negative!

I think it’s probably because I think of it as a direction not a name… As I said I’m fairly conventional when it comes to name choices. I don’t dislike it, is just something I would personally never use. I think it could grow on me if I knew someone with the name and the association I have with it being a direction only would change. I feel the same about [name]August[/name] - It’s a month to me. Is just my personal preference so don’t let me put you off. I find that when you find the right name you’ll use it regardless of what everyone thinks - that happened with my choice of [name]Sidney[/name] for my son.

[name]Rachel[/name]

Thanks for your thoughts [name]Rachel[/name]! [name]Love[/name] [name]Sidney[/name], by the way!

If you look at the stats [name]Adrian[/name] is by far more popular for boys in the U.S. (even its sound-alike feminine counterpart [name]Adrienne[/name] is much less popular now than a generation ago). I think this is one of those names that sounds a bit feminine to many middle-aged Americans (probably due to [name]Rocky[/name]) but for someone in Generation Z should be comfortably masculine (and a bit popular at that).