MN for Elliot? Baby boy due soon.

We are expecting our first child in a few weeks and we can’t decide on a middle name for our son. We think we’re going with [name]Elliot[/name] for his first name and we’re considering the following:

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Orion[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]William[/name]

[name]William[/name] honors a family member. We also like “[name]William[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]” but our last name is very common. We wanted something more distinctive and I spent a lot of time looking at more unusual names (I’m Armenian and I especially looked at Armenian names) and we seem to have settled on [name]Elliot[/name]…

What do you think? Advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

I like all three! I think honoring a family member is a special way to use a name, though I admit [name]William[/name] is my least favorite of the three (lotta L; [name]William[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] does flow better [name]IMO[/name], but I see why [name]Elliot[/name] ought to go first). The first two are both awesome!

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] gets my vote!

All three are good choices, particularly if you have a short last name. If your last name is 3+ syllables, you could also consider a one-syllable middle name as sort of a bridge e.g.
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Clark[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Dean[/name]

If you want to honor your Armenian heritage, [name]Elliot[/name] Atam or [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Arek[/name] also work

I agree that they are all good choices. If you have a longer last name and want a short middle name I am going to throw out [name]Boone[/name] as I am currently considering [name]Boone[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] for a boy :slight_smile: [name]Elliot[/name] is a very handsome name!

Great names! I think they all work, but I do like [name]William[/name] Eilliot better than [name]Elliot[/name] [name]William[/name]. I would NOT use [name]William[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] and then call him [name]Elliot[/name] (in case you were considering that). Everyone I know who is called by their mn hates the confusion it causes.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! Our last name is two syllables. [name]William[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] is nice but I worry about it being thought of as a reference to the movie [name]Billy[/name] [name]Elliot[/name].

My favorite of these is [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name].

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]William[/name]!