MN for Gwyeen (Gwen) and formal name for Wynn

My husband and I [name]LOVE[/name] the name Gwyeen ([name]Gwen[/name]) but because it is only one syllable we are having the hardest time coming up with a middle name. Everything I try just doesnt sound right.I love [name]Reigh[/name] but it just doesn’t seem to fit “Gwyeen [name]Reigh[/name].” Also, I personally love the spelling Gwyeen but my husband is not so crazy about it and would like to keep it traditional [name]Gwen[/name]. Please help!!! We also [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Wynn[/name] for a boy, but we feel like he would need a more formal full name. Everything we find seems like an old mans name. HELP!!!

I’m curious about why you prefer Gwyeen to [name]Gwen[/name]? The pronunciations issues would be huge as I’m assuming most people would look at it and say “Gw-een” or “Gwi-een” rather than [name]Gwen[/name]. I think you will find across the board that this site will strongly suggest [name]Gwen[/name].

Most of us would also say that the middle should be 2 or 3 syllables with such a short first. What about:

[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Colette[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]

GL
T

Hmmmm…I have to agree with your husband on the spelling here, as pp said, Gwyeen could really have some issues, and looking at it I would probably say ‘Gw-een’ which doesn’t sound very nice [name]IMO[/name]. And to be honest, I don’t really like the way Gwyeen looks spelling-wise. [name]Gwen[/name], on the other hand, I like, especially if its short for [name]Gwenyth[/name] or [name]Gwendolyn[/name] or even [name]Guinevere[/name] (but that’s just because I’m big on longer names with nicknames).

[name]Wynn[/name] for a boy…maybe short for [name]Winston[/name]?

I had the same pronounciation problem as the previous posters. I assumed Gwyeen was Gwy-een. I’d go with [name]Gwen[/name] unless there is a real reason (cultural, honoring a family member etc) for using Gwyeen. JMO. For middle names what about:

[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Adaline[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Emmiline[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name] Raelee
[name]Gwen[/name] [name]Elise[/name]

Since [name]Gwen[/name] is so short I’d use a longer middle name. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I’m also wondering why you are interested in using the spelling Gwyeen. Also if you like the name [name]Gwen[/name], I would use a long form of the name and call her [name]Gwen[/name]. I see [name]Gwen[/name] only as a nickname for something like [name]Gwendolyn[/name] or [name]Gwyneth[/name]. It doesn’t seem complete enough to stand alone in my opinion.

I would definitely spell it [name]Gwen[/name]. I would totally pronounce Gwyeen as “Gween” – it looks funny and sounds funny in my honest opinion. [name]Gwen[/name] is a great name! If you must be creative with the spelling, I would spell it [name]Gwyn[/name], but keep those “e” letters out of there! :wink:
[name]Gwyneth[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] are fabulous names, but I personally think [name]Gwen[/name] stands just fine on her own. I think a 2 or 3 syllable middle sounds the best – [name]Gwen[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Gwen[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] are my favorites!

I think [name]Winston[/name] is a good formal name for [name]Wynn[/name]. I don’t think I’d have two kids named [name]Gwen[/name] and [name]Wynn[/name], though…something to think about in case you want to “save” one of them :wink:

First, thank you all for giving us your input! We genuinely appreciate it! I have no particular reason for wanting to spell the name Gwyeen, but I definitely see how the pronunciation could be confusing, and I agree with you that it should be spelled [name]Gwen[/name]. I wouldn’t want to have two children named [name]Gwen[/name] and [name]Wynn[/name] it would have to be one or the other. Instead of [name]Wynn[/name] what do you guys think about [name]Whit[/name]? My husbands name is [name]Thomas[/name] so that could be a good mn choice.

[name]Gwen[/name] is a nice choice. [name]Whit[/name] could stand on its own but I personally think it feels incomplete. What about [name]Whitman[/name], [name]Whittaker[/name], or even [name]Whitney[/name] as a full name?