MN for Ingrid

I literally change my mind every day…and terrible since we are just trying to get pregnant, and I have 9 months of torture after that!

Anyway, the hubby said he likes the name [name]Ingrid[/name], and I love a few things about it:

1. Scandinavian name (I’m mostly norwegian)
  2. [name]Love[/name] that it starts with “I” and isn’t the super trendy [name]Isabelle[/name]
  3. Also love the nn “Inxie” or “Inzie”

But now I need to find a middle name pairing I love with it! Here are a few we have thrown around:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] (elisabeth being another fav of the husband, but it seems a bit prosaic to me)

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] (the current princess of Norway)

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] (honoring husbands grandmother)

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] (I just love the name [name]Lilac[/name], but have recieved enough feedback on the naming board to not use this as a frist name!)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

All of your choices are nice. I really like [name]Ingrid[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]*
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Helena[/name]*
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]*
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name]*
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]*
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]*
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]*
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

I’ve starred my favorites.

I love the name! :smiley:

We just named our daughter [name]Ingrid[/name], for some of the reasons that you love it. I really like how it is classic and beautiful, but not common. And people know how to spell it and pronounce it. I love those nicknames, too! I might have to steal Inzie, lol :mrgreen:

For MN, I love [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] – that is stunningly beautiful!

Irisrose has some awesome suggestions! I really like:
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] (so cute!) – you could call her Inzie [name]Lou[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] is very beautiful : )

Ooh, another [name]Ingrid[/name] fan! My husband and I named our daughter [name]Ingrid[/name]. If we had a shorter last name, I would have gone for something like [name]Louisa[/name] for her mn. [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is beautiful, too.

I can’t say I love [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]. The -id [name]Ad[/name]- sounds a little off to me.

One thing: be prepared for everybody to say, “Oh. [name]Ingrid[/name]. Why did you choose that name?” Doesn’t bother me any, though.

So I’m curious! For the ladies who named their daughter [name]Ingrid[/name], what middle name did you use?

We chose [name]Ana[/name] because we thought it was equally elegant and soft-sounding. Plus, I’ve always loved that name. I think [name]Ingrid[/name] definitely needs something soft–but not flimsy–as a complement.

love the name [name]Ingrid[/name]. [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] gets my vote!!

We picked [name]Julia[/name] for our mn (and I want to say thanks to those who voted in my poll…it helped me convince my husband that [name]Julia[/name] was the right choice for us!) Like eplj said, we wanted something feminine and soft and pretty, but not frilly or flimsy. That is why I think [name]Adeline[/name] works so well! But I also thought [name]Caroline[/name] was stunning with [name]Ingrid[/name]. That was near the top of my list but my DH vetoed it.

I love [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]. I like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Lilac[/name] doesn’t do it for me. I am probably biased because I used [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] as mn’s for my daughters. [name]Ingrid[/name] is also a family name of mine. The really weird thing is I have an aunt named [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name]. Yes, she was of Norwegian descent, named after her grandmother whose mother emigrated from Norway.

I like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]. :slight_smile:

My friend just named her daughter [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] and I love it! Good luck!