MN help for Stellan! SOS

[name_f]Baby[/name_f] #2 on the way. Big sister is [name_f]Maia[/name_f]. One of my favorite boy names is [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] and suprisingly my very opinionated husband is open to it.

The only issue is we honored my family with Maia’s middle name and now it’s my husband’s turn. Except the males in his family have very traditional Spanish names and I’m not sure if we will be able to pull off making that sound good with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m].

Those are the honor name choices: [name_m]Jose[/name_m], [name_m]Salvador[/name_m], [name_m]Antonio[/name_m].

Is there any creative way we can use any of those three names that will sound good with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]? I don’t want to surrender my chance to use it but want to be respectful in my husbands wishes to honor his family this go around.

Help!

1 Like

I think all three names sound great with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]! esp. [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] :black_heart: you could try using the english version of these names- [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] or [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] sound nice (Salvador translates to savior so not sure about that one)

1 Like

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] is literally stunning! I honestly adore this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Totally in agreement that [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] is absolutely amazing!!
I also like the alliteration in [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] and I think that [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Jose[/name_m] would be just fine if that happens to be your/your husband’s favourite.

I really love the alliteration of [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]!

You could always use [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] for [name_m]Jose[/name_m] or [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] for [name_m]Antonio[/name_m], but I would personally keep the honor names as they are.

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Jose[/name_m] sounds good to me!

Some other ideas:

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Teodor[/name_m] or [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Teodoro[/name_m] (the ‘To’ or To-o sounds of [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] and the ‘dor’ of Salvador)

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m] (a nod to Antono and the ‘Sal’ or Salvador)

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Amor[/name_m] (Antonio + ending of Salvador)

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] (nod to Jose)

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Valerio[/name_m] (end of [name_m]Antonio[/name_m], [name_m]Val[/name_m] borrowed from Salvador)

1 Like

I think [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] both sound awesome!

You could also do [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Jose[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] or [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Jose[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] and it be fine!

If you don’t like either of the names themselves maybe you could do a variation:

To honor [name_m]Jose[/name_m]:

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Josey/Josie
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Joss[/name_m]

For [name_m]Antonio[/name_m]:

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Anton[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonius[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Tony[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antoine[/name_m]

For [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]:

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Sal[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Val[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Aldo[/name_m]

I grew up surrounded by Spanish speakers/in Latin American communities. To my ears, all 3 of the names just seem to really clash with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] (one of my old favorites too btw!)

1 Like

[name_m]Even[/name_m] before reading all the other comments, I liked [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m]. And I really appreciate your desire to honor your husband’s family this time, even if the names aren’t your favorites. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think they all sound good!

Maia and Stellan is an awesome sibling set!!!

I don’t think any of your honor names sound bad with Stellan, but if you want more options, here’s:

Stellan Anthony (honors Antonio)
Stellan Joseph (honors Jose)
Stellan Josiah (honors Jose)
Stellan Hosea (honors Jose)

I like Stellan Josiah a lot personally. :star:

1 Like

I think [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] are both very handsome.

I think all three names work quite well with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]! I really like [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]. I think these two would be wonderful.

You may also like:
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Anton[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Antonello
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonius[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Joe[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Joss[/name_m] (similar to Jose)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Sal[/name_m] (nickname for Salvador)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Saviour[/name_m] (translation of Salvador)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Santo[/name_m] (S from [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] with Anto from Antonio)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Santino[/name_m] (variation of Santo)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] (means “Santo Yago” which can be translated to “Saint James”. I believe [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] and [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] have a similar vibe)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Chrysanthos[/name_m] (S from [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] combined with Anto/Antho from Antonio)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Xanthos[/name_m] (contains the letters A, N, T, O from [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] and the letters S and A from Salvador)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Apollonio (same ending as Antonio)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salem[/name_m] (same beginning as [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] and it has a nice meaning - “complete, safe, peaceful”)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salvio[/name_m] (Salvio means “safe”)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Saverio[/name_m] (Italian form of [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] that shares letters with [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] and ends with -io just like Antonio)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Salomon[/name_m] (variation of Solomon)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (shares letters with [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] and it means “peace”)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Teodoro[/name_m] (shares letters with Salvador)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Isidoro[/name_m] (shares letters with Salvador)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Heliodoro (shares letters with Salvador)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Dorian[/name_m] (a mix of letters from [name_m]Salvador[/name_m] and Antonio)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Andor[/name_m] (Norwegian name that means “eagle”. It begins with [name_m]An[/name_m]- like [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] and it ends with -dor just like Salvador)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Moses[/name_m] (using -ose- from Jose)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] (same ending as Jose)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] (begins with Jos-)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] (similar to Jose)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Josias[/name_m] (similar to Jose)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_f]Honor[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Honorato (Spanish and Portuguese form of Honoratus)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_f]Praise[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] (Timothy means “honouring God”)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Timoteo[/name_m] (variant of Timothy)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Titus[/name_m] (Titus means “title of honour”)

Fully agree with the previous posters; [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Antonio[/name_m] is perfect just as it is!