Mn Help please

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I ask about middle names please.

I love Bloem. (Pronounced Bloom) But also loving the name [name_f]Avalon[/name_f].
Hubby has said he likes [name_f]Blossom[/name_f].

So. Thoughts on…

[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Alma[/name_f] Bloem
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] Bloem
[name_u]River[/name_u] Aeon Bloem
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] Bloem

We’ve been calling her [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] but maybe I should have it as a mn rather than just a nickname?
I love the meaning of [name_f]Alma[/name_f] ([name_f]Soul[/name_f] in Spanish) and Aeon (Life/vital force) and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], suggested above because it has so much meaning as a place I’ve visited throughout my pregnancy.

But which flows better. Or any other suggestions please :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

I love the sound of [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Alma[/name_f] but I’m on the fence about Bloem. I’m assuming it’s pronounced like [name_f]Poem[/name_f] but with a bl- sound. It just seems like a mash up of the words blossom and poem to me. If this isn’t the actual pronounciation, please tell me lol. [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] is just “too much” if you know what I mean. I’m all for [name_u]River[/name_u], but [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] just sounds cartoonish. I like [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Alma[/name_f] and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] but I don’t think either of those names go with Bloem. That being said, if you love it, you should use it!

1 Like

Bloem is pronounced the same as [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like

I really like [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] Bloem.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Alma[/name_f] so [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Alma[/name_f] Bloem is my fav but I think [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] Bloem is also delightful

1 Like

River [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] Bloem! I do prefer the [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] spelling though.

2 Likes

This is so difficult! I think they all flow well. If you’ve been calling her [name_f]Elfie[/name_f], I think incorporating that would be a very beautiful touch, so [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] Bloem gets my vote. [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] could also be so pretty!

so, my favorite name of all time, not just favorite girls name, not just number one, but the one that I can literally never not like in any combo and I just LOVE is [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], so I am totally biased :grin:

River [name_f]Alma[/name_f] Bloem - cool, I don’t personally care for [name_f]Alma[/name_f], but that’s just me. Very naturey.

River [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] - such beautiful imagery and sound! [name_u]Love[/name_u]!

River [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] Bloem - I LOVE this, [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] are AMAZING names! Bloem I don’t care for but I do like [name_f]Bloom[/name_f].

River Aeon Bloem - the spellings are not my style and how is Aeon pronounced?

River [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] Bloem - hmmmm I think [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] is better suited as a first name :wink:

COngratulations and good luck!! :wink:

Personally I’d go for the [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] spelling if you worry about the name being said aloud, though with it being in a second middle spot I’m not sure how much of a problem that’ll be. I’d never have intuitively gone for [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] as the way to say it.

My favourite is [name_f]Rive[/name_f] [name_f]Alma[/name_f] Bloem/Bloom but I like [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] Bloem/Bloom too.

I’m not sure on the pronunciation of Aeon either.

ETA: Does Bloem come from the [name_u]South[/name_u] African place, only other time I’ve heard it in hindsight.

Ahh reading all your comments makes me so happy. I feel like I’m finally getting somewhere.

I honestly would call her [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] as a first name but my husband is really not so keen. And he loves [name_u]River[/name_u].
Aeon is pronounced E-on. I love the meaning over the way it is said.

Bloem is [name_m]Dutch[/name_m]. I feel it looks more beautiful with the ‘e’ however I hadnt considered the pronunciation.

River [name_f]Alma[/name_f] Bloem is lovely

Well that changes things!! How could I be so stupid lol. I like it way more now, but the spelling isn’t very intuitive.

I just read the names as if it Bloem were pronounced like [name_f]Poem[/name_f] and it really made me chuckle so I see where you were coming from

1 Like

Naturally I don’t mind the [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] spelling for Bloem. It’s one of those words that out loud can mean two related things at once, flower in [name_m]Dutch[/name_m], and well… basically blossom in [name_f]English[/name_f].

I like [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Alma[/name_f] Bloem, [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] Bloem and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] Bloem most!

Love [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f]! An instagrammer I follow has a daughter called [name_f]Venus[/name_f] Ae0n Bl00m (numerals for privacy).

Love how this is all coming together!

I would say for the sake of flow my vote goes first to [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] or [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]. I love these two names together and the most because they both carry personal meaning for your daughter.

I would say for Bloem I would switch it to [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] if using because just seeing by the comments and how I was thinking it was pronounced (Blow-em)… this might become a bit of a hard middle to live with.

I love all that you have cnsidered and any combo that you choose is great!

River [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is great

I think I prefer [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] as a nickname here. I LOVE [name_f]Elfie[/name_f], but it just feels more special as a nickname… I dont know why!

I really like [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] Bloem, and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Alma[/name_f] Bloem is divine!

River [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] is my favourite, and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] Bloem is my second choice if you’re going to be calling her [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] anyway!