MN- sibling "5" lists!!

We start an IVF in less than a month -so fingers (and toes) crossed for a positive outcome sooner rather than later!

We have a naming plan!
We will choose the first name for bubby and the 2 siblings have been invited to write a list of 5 girl and 5 boy names each. We will use these to decide on 2 middle names- using one from each of their lists- baby will have a FN then 2 MNs.
It kind of scares me to let go of personally choosing MN names (since I love naming) but it really excites me that the child will have a name lovingly selected by his/her brother and sister. I am very excited to see what they come up with, and have given them some criteria- eg it needs to match the FNs we like and not clash with our last name, ideally the name can be pronouced first go- but spelling is not such an issue for a mn.

My son is 20, very literary and bright with a love for the unusual and quirky.
My daughter is 14 and sweet natured, she is always on trend and likes things popular and modern.

Our current front runners for FN are [name]Phoebe[/name] for a girl, and [name]Liam[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name] for a boy. Who knows, a new FN may even emerge!!!

So far my son has thrown a few boy ideas about: [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Bryson[/name]. [name]Finley[/name] I like alot. [name]Bryson[/name] isn’t one I had ever considered- but that is the appeal of hearing fresh ideas, makes me think outside my square. My daughter loves [name]Maddison[/name]. Those aren’t on a top 5 list yet, just being thrown around.

Anyway, I can’t wait to be pregnant.
As soon as we are expecting and start getting the “5” lists together you can all expect some polls! :slight_smile:

emiliaj

[name]How[/name] exciting! I think it’s great you’re involving your children, what a great story for the future little one!

I am sure it will also serve to bond the older children with their new young sibling.
Mind you, they are already thrilled at the prospect.