MNs for Charlotte

Esmee does not match [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]IMO[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] is so classic and beautiful while Esmee is very wild and trendy [name]IMO[/name]. I agree with @east93 and @dillonsfan that [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a lot more trendy and cutesy than [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] is very sophisticated and classy! I think [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] are all cutesy names, well maybe not so much [name]Grace[/name], separately but when you put the together definite cutesy! I work in a maternity ward and I see so many [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name] and all their variations it has turned me from the name forever! It kind of seems like the new [name]Jennifer[/name] too me! [name]Aurora[/name] is beautiful (I would not hesitate to use it) but feels trendy, I don’t know an [name]Aurora[/name] over 7, do you? [name]Grace[/name] seems like a filler but I know it has significance to you so I will leave it alone! If you love the name use it! If you are going for not so trendy and cutesy though I think it might be time to look elsewhere though :frowning:

I cannot see cutesy in [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], or [name]Grace[/name] at all! I think all three names are quite distinguished. Popular/trendy or even princessy doesn’t equal cutesy in my book. Cutsey would be [name]Izzie[/name] [name]Rorie[/name] [name]Gracie[/name] haha - bleugh!

Anyway back to [name]Charlotte[/name]. I think it’s viewed very differently in the US (pretty and quaint north carolina town) than it is in the UK (regal, poised and intelligent) and I’m British but spend a lot of time over there so see both sides - and I definitely go with the UK interpretation of regal and smart :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Eden[/name] for [name]Charlotte[/name] because I think it matches her for poise and style, adds strength and not frivolity. Therefore I don’t see anything cutesy there either!!! Esmee is a lovely name too but [name]Eden[/name] is stronger, [name]IMO[/name].

So [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] is really great - keep it! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is my favourite of your shortlist.

G xx

Thanks, [name]Ginny[/name]!

That’s exactly how I see [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name]… And while [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] are popular, they both have an air of timelessness to me. It obviously has waves of being very stylish–it was nearly as popular as it is now at the turn of the century, and I’ve heard that in the 1600s it was in the top 20 or so names used in [name]England[/name]. It obviously has a lot of history and I’ve loved it for a really long time, so I’m not too worried that some find it trendy. I think names can be popular without really being trendy (well, being trendy in a bad way, anyway), and I feel [name]Isabelle[/name] falls under that category. :slight_smile:

And thanks about your perspective on [name]Charlotte[/name]! I’ve always been in the US but have several friends in the UK, so I suppose I’ve always seen [name]Charlotte[/name] as a lovely mix of both reactions you described. :slight_smile: I’m fairly strongly leaning toward [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]… I’m still contemplating [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] (which seems softer than striking, imo), [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rue[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Jane[/name]… But I do like that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] would honor [name]Tallie[/name], which is what I set out looking for. :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is still my favorite :slight_smile: [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is really nice and so classy too. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rue[/name] does not flow that well especially once you add you LN. I think if you want to use [name]Rue[/name] then you should use [name]Esme[/name]/Esmee [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Rue[/name] could be really quirky and cute (but not cutsey :wink: )

Thanks! I’m leaning toward that as well. I do so love [name]Rebecca[/name] as a MN, though. I like that [name]Rebecca[/name] softens [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] a bit. I think I’m going to add a poll to this thread… maybe it’ll help me decide. :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Blanche[/name]? [name]Blanche[/name], meaning white…like snow? Too much of a stretch? I think it’s pretty though, and it’s not 2 syllables, so there you go!

Other Christmassy ideas:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Faye[/name] (faye = fairy)
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Neve[/name] ([name]Neve[/name] or [name]Niamh[/name] = snow)
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Hope[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]!

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Roselle[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Leila[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noely[/name] / Noelie
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Marcelle[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Cordelie[/name]

As a side-note, I think [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is very sweet and feminine, but not cutesy. The definition of a trendy name varies from person to person. I say that if it is trendy, it is sensible trendy, like [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Sophia[/name]. Basically, respectable names with history that will look good on job applications that just happen to be popular. I know an [name]Isabelle[/name] in my class; it suits her (I think it’s spelled different and she goes by [name]Izzy[/name]) and it is a name that matures nicely. [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] are actually in [name]England[/name]'s top 20 right now. (Popular Names in England and Wales 2010 - Behind the Name)

Oh no worries, you didn’t seem defensive and I understand. :slight_smile:

Basically, [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name] seems trendy and cutesy to me because:

1. [name]Isabelle[/name] is like the “shorter” version of uber trendy [name]Isabella[/name], which makes it seem cutesy to me The [name]Belle[/name] part is Disney [name]Princess[/name], which also makes it cutesy to me. (Keep in mind I have [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] for a middle name on my list.)
  2. [name]Aurora[/name] is Disney [name]Princess[/name] = Cutesy, and very flowy, glamourous, almost like cotillionesque. (Keep in mind I adore the name [name]Aurora[/name] so it’s not an insult.)
  3. [name]Grace[/name] is one the the ubiquitous middle names. (Along with [name]Rose[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Marie[/name] etc) And seems to be a very often used in more recent years so = more on the trendy side
  4. All the names combined with the individual reasons just seem very cutesy/trendy, in my opinion.

While they have long, and rich histories, they’re very relevant to today and seem to have an air of being dated to this time frame.

[name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong, I adore your [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name] combo. It’s what really convinced me to keep [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name] on my list, but it’s got that cutesy/trendy feel. Not in a bad way though.

[name]Charlotte[/name] will never be seen as trendy or cutesy because it’s been so popular for so long, and has that kind of strong feel to it. It’s girly, but has this underlying obvious strength/sturdiness to it.
[name]Eden[/name], while “newer” to some degree, is a name that too has sturdiness to it. Probably because of it’s use in the Bible.
They both also end in very strong consonant sounds.
[name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], and [name]Grace[/name] have more light, airy feels and sounds to them. (Which I love personally) Which I think is kind of the tone a lot of names “marked” this era have. [name]Ariana[/name] for example. That’s very much going to be dated to this time, I think, and it has that airy feel.

So to me, [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] have different feels, the former being on the more cutesy trendy side. But not in a bad way at all. I just think that if you feel [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] is too trendy, it’s really not at all, and will fit.

[name]Alix[/name],

You decided to keep [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name] because of my combo?! Wow, haha, I feel honored. I think when I hear “cutesy” and “trendy” I think of it in a bad way… which is why I was so confused at first, lol. But I do see what you mean. I just wouldn’t use those words to define the combo, but I do see what you’re saying now. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Eden[/name]…what do you think about that?

Well, I like it, but the whole reason I tossed [name]Winter[/name] in the first place was because I hated the monotonous flow of [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Richards[/name]. I don’t think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Richards[/name] is much better. I would love to find a spot on my list for [name]Winter[/name], but I’m not sure [name]Charlotte[/name] is the FN for it. :frowning:

Aw…well in that case, I would use [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. [name]Noelle[/name] has a winter feel to it b/c of the association with [name]Christmas[/name]!

Yep! :slight_smile: Your combo’s so flawless imo, and seeing [name]Isabelle[/name] as a part of it, let alone the front runner made me fall for it more and more each time I saw it. Ahaha, you should be! I don’t like Twilight, and it ruined the name [name]Isabella[/name] for me, so the fact that I’m loving [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name] so much now is a big thing.

Yeah my explanation probably wasn’t that great in details but it’s a great combo, no worries.

Also what about [name]Eden[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Winter[/name]? Or [name]Eden[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]? Idk if you like [name]Eden[/name] in a first spot, but if you do then that might be a way to work [name]Winter[/name] in. I totally understand if you’re only open to [name]Charlotte[/name] in the first spot though.

Yeah, I don’t know. [name]Eden[/name] is sweet and I do like it, but it seems to come up short (not figuratively!) next to all my other favorites, which are quite long ([name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Arianne[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], etc.). That, and there’s a little [name]Edyn[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name] at my church, so I think it’d be too confusing. And I am quite attached to [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name]. :slight_smile: I think I’m leaning toward [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]… I really love both, but Nameberry is leaning toward [name]Noelle[/name] while another site I posted it on is leaning toward [name]Rebecca[/name]–which isn’t much help to me! lol.

Oh I’ve been there. [name]One[/name] site says a, another says b, and I’m loving both. Lol.

I 100% choose [name]Noelle[/name]. It gives you that [name]Christmas[/name] homage to your sister, and flows so lovely.
You could even push it to call her [name]Lola[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] every once in a while.