Moby?

Can you see this on a little guy? Can anyone get past saying [name_m]Moby[/name_m] [name_m]Dick[/name_m]? Have you ever known a [name_m]Moby[/name_m]?

The first thought was [name_m]Moby[/name_m] as in moby.com - the second thought was [name_m]Moby[/name_m] [name_m]Dick[/name_m]. I really don’t love it sorry!

first thought was of [name_m]Moby[/name_m] [name_m]Dick[/name_m], second thought was of the musician. Could be kind of cool as a nn though, that way if he does get teased too much and hates it he can go by his full name.

way to stuck on the book and musician. prefer [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_m]Coby[/name_m], [name_u]Toby[/name_u], etc

I think of the baby carrier thing first (new mom, what can I say?) and the musician (not really a fan) and then the book title (lots of teasing potential there). I’d pass on [name_m]Moby[/name_m] if I were you.

I thought of [name_m]Moby[/name_m] [name_m]Dick[/name_m] too but that’s not a bad thing! There’s teasing potential with lots of names and for other reasons. People will love your child regardless of his name. I like [name_m]Moby[/name_m] as a name, I think it is cute and has literary reference which I love! If you like it then go for it!

What if you used Mosby?

He’s inevitably going to be called [name_m]Dick[/name_m]…

I agree. There isn’t really a way to get around the association, and it would be a deal breaker for me.

It’s my dog’s name. . . I don’t think it would work on a real kid.

Wouldn’t doubt it!

I immediately think of moby carriers, [name_m]Moby[/name_m] [name_m]Dick[/name_m], and the musician. Not a fan of the name!