Modern-ized versions?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries, Not expecting or TTC, my great grandmother was [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] and I think its gorgeous. I would like to honor her in the future as she passed in 2006 aged 102.
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is a no no. I would like some modern-ized versons particuarly for [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] and possibly a longer version of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], a girls name begining with Iv.

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]:

[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Maris[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_f]Masha[/name_f] (Russian nickname for [name_f]Maria[/name_f])
[name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f] (traditional nicknames for [name_f]Mary[/name_f])
[name_f]Mariska[/name_f]
[name_f]Malou[/name_f]

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]:

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]/[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Magda[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdala[/name_f]
[name_f]Magali[/name_f]
[name_f]Madelief[/name_f]
[name_u]Malin[/name_u]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Margalo[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]:

Iveline
Ivelisse
[name_f]Ivalo[/name_f]
Ivanthe
Ivaine
[name_f]Ivette[/name_f]
[name_f]Iveth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] or similar

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestions of [name_f]Maren[/name_f] and [name_f]Malou[/name_f]!
[name_f]Marissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f]/[name_f]Annemarie[/name_f]/[name_f]Annamaria[/name_f]/etc.
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] (bit of a stretch)
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivara[/name_f]
[name_f]Vianna[/name_f]
[name_u]Ivory[/name_u]

[name_m]How[/name_m] wonderful to have your great grandmother for so long! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]: I think of [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f] or [name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f]. [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] or [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]. Not thinking of any IV- names I like, sorry.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]: [name_f]Malia[/name_f]. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. [name_f]Amandine[/name_f]. [name_f]Emmaliese[/name_f]. [name_f]Earhart[/name_f] (I just want to meet one, someday!). [name_f]Melusine[/name_f].

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]: [name_f]Marie[/name_f]. [name_f]Maria[/name_f]. [name_f]Marilla[/name_f]. [name_f]Marietta[/name_f]. [name_f]Mara[/name_f]. [name_f]Maryellen[/name_f]. [name_f]Maryanna[/name_f].

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]: [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]. [name_f]Meg[/name_f]. [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]. [name_f]Magda[/name_f]. [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. [name_f]Magdala[/name_f]. [name_f]Madge[/name_f]. [name_f]Magenta[/name_f]. [name_f]Dalia[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f].

Have fun!

It’s hard to improve on perfection. Leave all the names as they are.

Wow she had a long name. Guess her parents couldn’t choose. I personally wouldn’t do that though lol.

I hate when people make long lists, so I’m going to give you a few options:
[name_f]Maren[/name_f], Maerie, or [name_f]Mavis[/name_f].

Then for [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]:
Azelea, [name_u]Ivory[/name_u], Vendetta, or Ivodke.

I love the combo Vendetta [name_f]Mavis[/name_f].
Good luck.