Mollie

What do you think of [name]Mollie[/name] as a name?

I know it is slightly nicknamey, especially with this spelling.
But do you think it can stand on its own?
Preferences in spelling?

Any reason why you’re wanting an -ie ending? Normally I prefer -ie to -y on names, but I think [name]Molly[/name] is one name that looks a lot nicer with a y. As far as the actual name, I think [name]Molly[/name] works fine alone.

[name]Molly[/name] can stand on it’s own. For me personally it’s still too nick-name-y but it works and is recognised in its’ own right. [name]Mollie[/name] however, just looks incomplete and I can’t imagine it aging well.

• anon.

I don’t think [name]Molly[/name] stands very well on it’s own. I know that most people think it does, I’m definitely the minority. I think it’s great on a little girl, probably on a teenager, and an old lady. But to me it seems really odd on 30-60ish aged women. The spelling [name]Mollie[/name] would just add to that for me.

[name]Molly[/name] is originally a nickname for [name]Mary[/name]. You could name her that and call her [name]Mollie[/name]. Again, most people will disagree with that!

I think [name]Molly[/name] has become a classic name that stands on its own. I know several adult Mollys and the name suits them just fine. I prefer [name]Molly[/name], but I don’t have a huge problem with [name]Mollie[/name].