Mom wants to name baby something unusual,any suggestions?

My mother has just informed me that she was pregnant with twins. She already has a name picked out for the girl (Riddle [name]Izabel[/name]) but we need a name for my bubba. She wants something that’s original,but not insane. I’ve suggested a few and her favorites are:[name]Ryker[/name],[name]Jagger[/name],[name]Zephyr[/name],[name]Carsin[/name],[name]Phinneas[/name],[name]Boston[/name],[name]Poe[/name](after [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Allen[/name] [name]Poe[/name]),and Jameston. Any suggestions on a name that ain’t completely bonkers(keep in mind that i think all of the names above are totally acceptable,so i have a different standard of ‘wierd’ for example,I hate the names [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name] while most love them.) keep in mind that i’m 12 and i may not have the best judgment in names. She loves my name ([name]Bethany[/name] [name]Nichelle[/name] [pronounced like [name]Michelle[/name],but…not lol])while i am torn. Some days i love the individuality it gives me for being the only [name]Nichelle[/name] within 2000 miles,but others i wish she could have given me a more traditional middle name.

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Sheldon[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Pax[/name]
[name]Noble[/name]
[name]Milan[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Taj[/name]
[name]Eugene[/name]
[name]Wolf[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Remington[/name]
Paulus
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]

Please, please reconsider Riddle that is just putting the kid up for a teasing nightmare.

[name]Sage[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] (please spell names traditionally)
[name]Reba[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Vana[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Remy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Romy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
Frith [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Olwen[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Patrice[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Avis[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Babette[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Anneke[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Davina[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Skye[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Sapphire[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Emerald[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Dior[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Joni[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Sabine[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]

I agree with [name]Rollo[/name]. Please encourage your mother to reconsider Riddle for your baby sister. Riddle is not a unique name - it isn’t even a name, and it is indeed setting the child up for a lifelong bout with teasing and undue problems. If your mother likes that sound, names with a similar melody are [name]Rida[/name] ([name]REE[/name] dah) and [name]Ridley[/name]. [name]Rida[/name] is Arabic and very interesting and pretty in my opinion. [name]Rida[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] (spelled in this traditional way) is a darling name that any little girl would delight in.

Names for her twin brother that sound pretty with [name]Rida[/name] are [name]Amar[/name], [name]Javan[/name], [name]Omar[/name], [name]Yusuf[/name], Zaide, and [name]Zain[/name]. Of YOUR choices, I think [name]Jagger[/name] sounds best with [name]Rida[/name]. Middle names that match [name]Isabel[/name] are [name]Andres[/name], [name]Azul[/name], [name]Carlos[/name], [name]Chavez[/name], [name]Cristofer[/name], [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Darien[/name], [name]Elian[/name], [name]Javier[/name], [name]Joaquin[/name], [name]Matias[/name], [name]Pascual[/name], [name]Rafael[/name], and [name]Ruben[/name].

I really like [name]Rida[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Jagger[/name] [name]Rafael[/name], [name]Omar[/name] [name]Joaquin[/name], and [name]Zain[/name] [name]Cristofer[/name].

I have to agree that Riddle would be a difficult name to live with. I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of it as a name.
Unusual names are fun to come up with though so here are some ideas.

Girls (that sounds similar)
[name]Rae[/name]
[name]Reina[/name] ([name]Ray[/name]-na) - Means [name]Queen[/name] in Spanish
[name]Renee[/name]
[name]Rumer[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Racquel[/name]
[name]Rialta[/name]
[name]Rice[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Rori[/name]
[name]Rochelle[/name]

Boys:
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Ridge[/name]
[name]Ace[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name]
[name]Gable[/name]
[name]Jex[/name]
[name]Lander[/name]
[name]Trace[/name]
[name]Thelonius[/name]

I’ll keep these in mind…some great suggestions. I think i’ve swayed her from Riddle,but she’s pretty sure she wants to keep the middle name. I’ve asked her to spell it [name]Isobel[/name] and she seems pretty content seeing as she still gets to name her after her mother. For the first name,she’s considered [name]Lolita[/name],[name]Ridley[/name],[name]Lora[/name],[name]Chelsie[/name],[name]Tara[/name],and [name]Nicolette[/name]. For baby #2 she loves the names [name]Cruz[/name],[name]Bradley[/name],[name]Zavier[/name],[name]Zane[/name],[name]Orlando[/name],and [name]Blake[/name] with the middle name Jameston. She’s obsessed with that name. Any suggestions because i’d hate for my lil bro to walk around with a name like [name]Zane[/name] Jameston.

Riddle is pretty bad as is [name]Izabel[/name].
I love the name [name]Lolita[/name]. I think it so beautiful.
Other ideas…
Girls:
[name]Georgiana[/name] (said [name]George[/name]-jane-uh)
[name]Petra[/name] (Pay-tra)
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Gretchen[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Ianthe[/name] ([name]Yan[/name]-thee)
[name]Andromeda[/name] (an-draw-ma-da)
[name]Mab[/name]
Blanchefleur
[name]Irina[/name]
Rudolpha

Boys:
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Oskar[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Lex[/name]
[name]Remus[/name] (ray-mus)
[name]Ephraim[/name] (ef-ram)
[name]Ezekiel[/name] (ee-zeke-key-uhl)
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Bjorn[/name] (By-yorn)

HTH

I agree with above posters: Riddle will probably be setting up the baby for teasing. And, as much as I hate to say this, it won’t be any easier if you, like me, live in a smaller town. If you reside in a big city, this may be a little different. [name]Story[/name] is another name to consider if your mom likes “wordy” names–although it’s a bit hipster-trendy, I like it better than Riddle. Also, when considering Riddle, take into account numerous [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] jokes [ex. “Hide! It’s [name]Lord[/name] Voldemort!!”] Maybe I only see that because of the big [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] nerd that I am, but just saying…(:
Alternatives to [name]Izabel[/name] (pretty, pretty please no ‘z’!) are: [name]Isabelle[/name] (the spelling I’m most partial to), [name]Isabeau[/name] (this would definitely be the most unheard of the variations; I love the soft flow of this name), [name]Iseabail[/name] if you’re Scottish or Isib”al if you’re Irish (I love these spellings! Especially if it means something to your heritage), or (the most surprising variation to me) [name]Sable[/name], which’s sound I adore. [name]Rafaela[/name] and [name]Pandora[/name] are also similar in sound to the [name]Isabel[/name] Group.
For the boys, my personal favorites are currently [name]Edwin[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]/[name]Theo[/name]), [name]Winston[/name], [name]Phineas[/name], [name]Declan[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Casimir[/name], [name]Philip[/name], and [name]Otto[/name].
[name]Love[/name], NameGoddess

Im glad your mother is reconsidering riddle. The [name]Isabel[/name] spelling ur mom wants to use is not my fav BUT it’s not horrible so I would say lets just leave it and help with a perfect first name. Of the first names I like [name]Lola[/name] not [name]Lolita[/name] as its the name of a popular fictional character that is barley pubecent and seduces older men. As for the boys names Jameston is fine as a middle name. [name]Zavier[/name], orlando and cruz work best with Jameston.

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Orlando[/name] Jameston

My apologies for repeats!

(Not all of these work with [name]Isabel[/name]…)

[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] (pronounced with a J sound)
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] (the s has a Z sound)
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jericho[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quillen[/name]
[name]Quilliam[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Zev[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

When [name]Isabelle[/name] is spelt as [name]Izabel[/name] it is so reminiscent of [name]Jezebel[/name] and I would run like the wind away from [name]Jezebel[/name] because of Biblical story.

[name]Glad[/name] that mother will change baby girl’s first name and we all hope that we can suggest a name that your mother will love.

Is is Jameston or [name]Jameson[/name] that your mother loves?

I think that [name]Cruz[/name] would suit perfectly. [name]Cruz[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]. Very hip, cool and handsome.

For the little girl, how about :
[name]Alouette[/name] (al-oo-ett) - means ‘lark’ in French
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Carina[/name] (car-ee-na) - a constellation, and it also means ‘darling’ in Italian
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Echo[/name] (she was a nymph, but there’s quite a sad story attached to her)
[name]Lark[/name].

I think [name]Lolita[/name] is beautiful, but the connotations are less than desirable, and I’m not sure how it would be received …

If your mother likes the idea of naming her after someone from mythology, or a constellation, I can provide lots more names :slight_smile:

The results are in: my lil sis is going to be [name]Lolita[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] and my baby bro is going to be [name]Cruz[/name] [name]Bradley[/name] Jameston. she really likes naming us after family ([name]Bethany[/name] is my grandmother on my fathers side,[name]Isobel[/name] is my grandmother on my mother’s side,[name]Bradley[/name] is my uncle.)and i think she’s pretty happy. thank you all for helping name my new little sibs.
<3XOXO
~[name]Bethany[/name] [name]Nichelle[/name]

I personally think [name]Lola[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Cruz[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]/[name]Jameson[/name] would be best. [name]Lolita[/name] does have rather undesirable connotations!

I agree [name]Lola[/name] is better than [name]Lolita[/name] BUT at least the little girl will not be name Riddle. So this is a happy ending for me!!!

[name]Hi[/name], we are so happy to help you name your new little sibs. I think it is a great result!

[name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Lolita[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name]. I like the [name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] bit because they are both short names, [name]Cruz[/name] is handsome and manly, the other oh so feminine and smart. Gorgeous.

Great to hear that your family has been honoured too.

Thanks for the hugs, and you will make a fantastic sister!