Month names??

What do you think about the name [name]October[/name] for a girl? ([name]Tobe[/name] for short)… I personally love it, I think its cool and unique. I also love the name [name]January[/name] however [name]Jan[/name] is an awful nickname. [name]Tuesday[/name] is awesome too (like [name]Tuesday[/name] Weld), but with [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman’s [name]Sunday[/name] people might just think your following the trend.

I’d rather [name]October[/name] on a boy, myself. I dislike [name]Toby[/name]/[name]Tobe[/name] on a girl. But then, I’m a traditionalist like that. I’d name a girl [name]May[/name] or [name]June[/name] happily ([name]April[/name]'s never been my cup of tea) And [name]August[/name] is strictly male in my head ([name]Caesar[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] and all that). The only non-traditional month name I could use on a girl without blanching is [name]July[/name]. I’d call her [name]Julie[/name]. :smiley:

I love month/day names for girls, [name]October[/name] never would have occurred to me, but I like it! I’m not sure about the nickname [name]Tobe[/name], though. And [name]Tuesday[/name] is great! [name]Tuesday[/name], [name]Wednesday[/name] and Friday were my favorite names in junior high. And I’m pretty sure if you named your kid [name]Tuesday[/name], no one would accuse you of following a trend.

Okay…I would never use a month or week name myself for two reasons…

1.Anything other than [name]April[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]June[/name] ([name]May[/name] and [name]June[/name] are way too outdated to me) or [name]August[/name] sound too weird for me…but thats me. [name]August[/name] is a nice boys name gaining some popularity.
2.Week names remind me instantly of the [name]Adams[/name] Family.

However I do like the common season names:

[name]Sommer[/name], Autumm. [name]Wynter[/name] (only spelled like that)

[name]How[/name] about holiday names like [name]Christmas[/name] or [name]Easter[/name]? Names like [name]Afternoon[/name] or [name]Morning[/name]?

I like [name]August[/name] best out of all the month names for a girl. Although, I am sure that I personally would never use any of them. [name]October[/name] seems a bit out there to me but if you really love it then use it. [name]Just[/name] keep in mind that your daughter may not love it and if you can live with that then go for it!

[name]How[/name] about holiday names like [name]Christmas[/name] or [name]Easter[/name]? Names like [name]Afternoon[/name] or [name]Morning[/name]?

In answer to the above question…“afternoon” and “morning” are just too common for me. People use them ALL the time in daily conversation, so that nixes them for me.

Because of my (lack of) religious beliefs, I couldn’t go the [name]Christmas[/name] or [name]Easter[/name] route, either, but Solstice? Yeah, maybe.

• e

I love the name [name]Autumn[/name]! I’m sure that would be our daughter’s name, if we didn’t already know and [name]Autumn[/name].

I know a family with seven kids: [name]Sunday[/name] (girl whom they call [name]Sunny[/name]), [name]Monday[/name] (girl whom they call [name]Day[/name]-[name]Day[/name]), [name]Tuesday[/name] (boy whom they call CC, because of the s sound), [name]Wednesday[/name] (girl, Ness), Thursday (boy whom they call Thursy), Friday (boy, no nickname needed!), and [name]Saturday[/name] (girl, [name]Attie[/name]). Nicknames took some time to figure out, and each child was born on that day of the week. Not in succession, though. And now [name]Sunday[/name] is married and has an [name]Evening[/name] (girl, [name]Evie[/name]), [name]January[/name] (girl, [name]Ry[/name]-[name]Ry[/name]), and a boy named [name]August[/name]. [name]Tuesday[/name] has a daughter named [name]December[/name], and she’s called [name]Simmy[/name] by Dad and [name]Berry[/name] by Mom, and Dessy by her friends. Thursday’s wife is pregnant with [name]Afternoon[/name] (girl who they’ll call Affy, Ferry, or [name]Terry[/name]) or [name]Morning[/name] (boy who’ll be called [name]Morey[/name]). I love calendar names. And obviously, so do my friends.

Is this really true? Sounds like an urban legend! I want to interview these people…

I like [name]October[/name], and I think its a great stand-alone name (i.e. doesn’t need a nickname). I agree with other posters that [name]Tobe[/name] sounds more like a boy’s name than a girl’s name. I also really like [name]March[/name] (for a girl) either as a first or middle name and [name]August[/name] (for a boy) and [name]Augusta[/name] for a girl. Good luck with your picks!

[name]Love[/name] [name]October[/name] nm [name]Toby[/name] for boy its on my list and I like [name]August[/name] for boy

that family sounds outrageous! i love their nicknames, though.

i went to high school (i graduated about 10 years ago) with a girl named [name]October[/name]. She went by her nickname, [name]Tobi[/name]. She was a little wild, to say the least…