Monty?

Hello berries,
I recently added [name_m]Monty[/name_m] to my list. I think it’s sweet and charming, but I’m not sure if it fits my style and if it can stand on its own. I quite like [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m], but not enough to use it, and I’m not a fan of over [name_m]Mont[/name_m]- names.
What do you think of [name_m]Monty[/name_m]? Is it usable? Can it stand on its own? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it could work with my other names?
For the middle name I’ve been considering [name_m]Monty[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_m]Monty[/name_m] [name_m]Charlton[/name_m], but these are not set in stone. I would like a little nod to [name_m]Monty[/name_m] Python, but I don’t want to get ridiculous. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

I like [name_m]Monty[/name_m] and think it’s much more usable as a standalone than any of the longer forms.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Monty[/name_m] [name_m]Piran[/name_m]?

I love it! I much prefer [name_m]Monty[/name_m] to [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Monty[/name_m] is cute, though I prefer [name_m]Monte[/name_m]. I would name a son [name_m]Vermont[/name_m] and call him [name_m]Monte[/name_m], myself!

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

I like it! I have a secret love for Beaumont nn [name_u]Beau[/name_u] or [name_m]Monty[/name_m], but also think [name_m]Monty[/name_m] goes well on its own.

I love [name_m]Monty[/name_m]. It’s probably top of my list for Boys names. I don’t love [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] but I think I’d be tempted to use it as a birth cert name but just call him [name_m]Monty[/name_m] most of the time. It would give him the option of using it as an adult if he wanted to? I guess. It’s an ongoing debate in this house!

[name_m]Monty[/name_m] is sweet, but it’s a bit of a “pet” name to me. I can’t imagine on a person. However, if it were on a person, I think it definitely needs a longer version.

Thanks everyone!
@katinka: Thank you for your suggestion, I’ve never considered [name_m]Piran[/name_m] before and I quite like it! My only concern is that it looks a little like Piranha…

I like it a lot. I think it stands alone as a full name. I do think of [name_m]Monty[/name_m] Python, so I’m glad that’s a positive association for you! :wink:

Thanks! I don’t get why some people think it’s a negative thing, really. Maybe they don’t get their humour, I am not sure.
Does anyone have more middle name suggestions?