Mordecai

[name]Hi[/name]
I am new on NameBerry!
What do you think of the name [name]Mordecai[/name] nn [name]Morrie[/name]?
I think I really like it and my husband and I are having real trouble agreeing on a boys name we both like (I love [name]Shem[/name], he loves [name]Clarence[/name], but [name]Clarence[/name] is VERY close to my name), we both rather like [name]Mordecai[/name] though (although neither of us love it).
We have 2 sons called [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Amos[/name] and 2 daughter named [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]. What do you think? Does it fit?

I like [name]Mordecai[/name]!
It is not a name I would ever be brave enough to use in the first name position, but if you like it more than the other names you are considering, you should go for it!
To me [name]Mordecai[/name] sounds ancient and mystical (I realise I sound disgustingly lame :lol: ). According to Nameberry’s description “[name]Mordecai[/name] has a rather mournful tone” - I agree, but personally I find that intriguing rather than off putting.
I think [name]Mordecai[/name] goes particularly well with [name]Amos[/name], it’s probably not the first thing you’d expect a sibling for [name]Eli[/name], [name]Amos[/name], [name]Iris[/name] & [name]Pearl[/name] to be named, but it doesn’t seem too out of place.
However, I do not like [name]Morrie[/name] - I think it detracts from the majesty of [name]Mordecai[/name]. I prefer [name]Kai[/name] (I realise it is very trendy as a name on its own), but I think that, as a nickname for [name]Mordecai[/name], it is quite handsome. Does that make sense?
Good luck!