Mordecai

[name]Hi[/name]
I am new on NameBerry!
What do you think of the name [name]Mordecai[/name] nn [name]Morrie[/name]?
I think I really like it and my husband and I are having real trouble agreeing on a boys name we both like (I love [name]Shem[/name], he loves [name]Clarence[/name], but [name]Clarence[/name] is VERY close to my name), we both rather like [name]Mordecai[/name] though (although neither of us love it).
We have 2 sons called [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Amos[/name] and 2 daughter named [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]. What do you think? Does it fit?

I love your taste in naming your children, [name]Eli[/name] , [name]Amos[/name], [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]. [name]Mordecai[/name] has a similar sound as [name]Eli[/name] so it would not be a good choice. [name]Clarence[/name] would be the odd one out with your other children’s names I think. I do love [name]Shem[/name]. Here are some other suggestions. All the best
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Nahum[/name]
[name]Moses[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
Lamech
[name]Jubal[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
Chilion
Kish
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Japheth[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
Shallum
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Zachariah[/name]
[name]Hiram[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Reuel[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]

I like [name]Mordecai[/name] (and its various nicknames). It does stand out a bit in your sibling group but not excessively so. [name]Shem[/name] fits very well. [name]Clarence[/name] not as much.

I’m really not a fan of [name]Mordecai[/name]. Honestly all I can hear is the word “mortify.” I find all of your other childrens’ names so lovely, and I just don’t think that [name]Mordecai[/name] fits. I’m glad that someone else already beat me to the suggestion of [name]Tobias[/name] which I [name]LOVE[/name] and I think it would be great with your charming sibset.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Mordecai[/name], as well as [name]Morry[/name]/ie. Probably because I have an amazing friend with the name (he almost always goes by [name]Morry[/name] among our social group but spends a fair amount of time in [name]Isreal[/name] where his full name is exclusively used).

I really don’t think it’s that close to [name]Eli[/name]. Yes they end in the same sound, but [name]Amos[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] both end in an “s” and they work.