More crazy misspellings....

Teighyler.

This little girl is in my friend’s brother’s second grade class. Really? Is [name]Taylor[/name] to masculine for them? They felt the need to make it Teighyler?

That makes my brain hurt. I wasn’t sure if it was [name]Taylor[/name] or [name]Tyler[/name] either.

Neither was I! But she says it [name]Taylor[/name].

Sigh. It never ends, does it?

In the last week I met a little Caytlin, a [name]Kathrine[/name], and I saw the name Curillynne on a party schedule at work. The last one I still don’t know how to pronounce. And yes, I know there are many spellings of the name [name]Katherine[/name], but [name]Kathrine[/name] just looks incomplete to me. I don’t know.

My daughter’s new best friend in second grade is named Kyliegh. Not [name]Kyleigh[/name] (which is still pretty bad) but Kyliegh. I hate when people add “eigh” to names, but this is just an awful misspelling. She’s such a sweet girl (and her parents are very nice people) and it makes me feel so bad to say this, but I cringe every time I see her name written down.

I am completely stumped as to why parents think it is “cool”, “creative”, or “unique” to misspell their children’s names.

I can kind of understand [name]Kathrine[/name], since a lot of people pronounce [name]Katherine[/name] with only two syllables instead of three, so if you didn’t bother to do any research I can see how [name]Kathrine[/name] would seem like the logical spelling. Obviously [name]Katherine[/name] is much better though.

Curillynne is awful. I guess it’s Cur-il-in? Sounds like a really awful way to pronounce [name]Carolyn[/name]/[name]Caroline[/name].

My niece’s name is Maddyson… I cringed when my bil and sil told me their spelling of this name. Their reasoning was that they would be calling her [name]Maddy[/name] anyways so they may as well make it as easy as possible for her.