More on the name debate.

First of all,thank you so much for your kind replies and opinions. You’ve been very helpful.

Here is yet another list of names that we could use for our sons. I think [name]Bodhi[/name] is a keeper. Suddenly and despite the fact that I wanted to use Japanese or Spanish names [name]Bodhi[/name] makes a lot of sense to me.

Besides [name]Bodhi[/name] we have:

[name]Oren[/name]
[name]Ren[/name] (love it, but we have [name]Ryo[/name] already)
Rei (same)
[name]Kai[/name]
Simja/[name]Simcha[/name]
[name]Chaim[/name]/Chai (I actually don’t mind any tea connections…weird)
[name]Dan[/name]
[name]Dai[/name]
[name]Ben[/name]
[name]Ira[/name] (the other half thinks Irish Republican [name]Army[/name])

[name]TIA[/name],[name]Nana[/name]

I would avoid any R names with [name]Ryo[/name]. [name]Kai[/name], [name]Chaim[/name], Chai, and [name]Dai[/name] seem a little rhyme-y with [name]Bodhi[/name], to be honest. [name]Dan[/name] and [name]Ben[/name] seem a bit…bland with your other names. [name]Ira[/name] is nice but far too associated with acronyms…it has more than one!

So so far we have Simja/[name]Simcha[/name] and [name]Oren[/name], all of which I think are lovely names. However, in that vein, some suggestions:

[name]Quon[/name]*
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Yukio[/name]
[name]Moishe[/name]
[name]Yoel[/name]
[name]Arturo[/name]
[name]Teive[/name]
[name]Akira[/name]*
[name]Chen[/name]
[name]Evron[/name]
Nakana
[name]Makai[/name]*

Sorry for the shortness of the list…WDYT of those?

Thank you [name]Rose[/name] for your help. I guess I should add that [name]Bodhi[/name] is not an absolute keeper. We can still use two of the other names on the list. =)

[name]Oren[/name]: Because I think of conservative [name]Oren[/name] Hatch, I can’t see [name]Oren[/name] with the free and spiritual [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Ryo[/name].

[name]Ren[/name] (love it, but we have [name]Ryo[/name] already): I have to admit that even though I never watched the show, I think of [name]Ren[/name] and Stimpy.

Rei (same): I think this is nice, but like you said, it’s another R name. Aside from the i ending, I don’t think it sounds matchy with [name]Bodhi[/name], because they have different ending sounds.

[name]Kai[/name]: I can definitely see [name]Kai[/name] with [name]Bodhi[/name]. Yes, they look matchy because of the i endings, but they don’t have the same sounds.

Simja/[name]Simcha[/name]: I’d personally go with Simja over [name]Simcha[/name], because depending on where you live, I think you’ll encounter pronunciation issues with the Hebrew [name]Simcha[/name]. (I’m guessing people will mispronounce the “ch” sound has a “ch” sound or a hard c sound, when it’s neither. ) I can also better see some of the other names with [name]Ryo[/name].

[name]Chaim[/name]/Chai (I actually don’t mind any tea connections…weird): Like [name]Simcha[/name], I think [name]Chaim[/name] will encounter pronunciation issues with those who don’t know how to pronounce its beginning sound. (I also can’t see [name]Chaim[/name] and [name]Ryo[/name] as brothers.) Because of the tea issue, I personally prefer [name]Kai[/name] to Chai.

[name]Dan[/name]: I think of [name]Dan[/name] as a nickname for [name]Daniel[/name], but I think it’s handsome. (I can better see something more exotic with [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Ryo[/name], though.)

[name]Dai[/name]: If I’m pronouncing it correctly (with a long I sound, like eye), [name]Dai[/name] sounds like the word “die,” so I prefer some of the others.

[name]Ben[/name]: I love [name]Ben[/name], but I think of it as a nickname for [name]Benjamin[/name] or [name]Bennett[/name], neither of which I can really see with [name]Ryo[/name].

[name]Ira[/name] (the other half thinks Irish Republican [name]Army[/name]): I think it’s a great name, but I can better see [name]Ira[/name] with vinatage or clunky names than I can with [name]Ryo[/name] or [name]Bodhi[/name].

From your list, [name]Kai[/name] is my favorite with [name]Ryo[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

These are nice names but I’m not sure if they go very well with [name]Ryo[/name]. I think [name]Kai[/name] is the best match. Still love [name]Bodhi[/name].
[name]Oren[/name]- like it
[name]Ren[/name]- cute
Rei-too similar to [name]Ryo[/name]
[name]Ira[/name]- love this name
[name]Dai[/name]- day or die, I would avoid this name
[name]Dan[/name]- boring compared to [name]Ryo[/name]
[name]Ben[/name]- prefer as a nickname for [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Chaim[/name]- I think this would get mispronounced a lot.
Chai- soothing, I think it’s cool and goes fine with [name]Rio[/name]
[name]Simcha[/name]- don’t care for it, likely to get mispronounced
[name]Kai[/name]- I think this goes the best with [name]Ryo[/name].
Suggestion-
[name]Remy[/name]

Well, you already have [name]Ryo[/name], and I like the combination of [name]Ryo[/name], [name]Bodhi[/name], and [name]Ira[/name], honestly! All distinct, but all connected. Each are two-syllable names ending in a vowel, but each vowel is different! Neat!