Morgan for a boy?

See the results of this poll: When I hear Morgan, I think…

Respondents: 41 (This poll is closed)

• Girl : 8 (20%)
  • Boy : 13 (32%)
  • Could be either: 20 (49%)

I immediatley think “girl”…I’m sorry. I think of [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Fairchild[/name] (actress in the 80’s- I’m old)
Hopefully I’m in the minority.

Best wishes!

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Morgan[/name] was No# 63 in the US for girls last year and was at No# 518 for boys. These stats just prove the strange phenomenon: when parents begin to choose boys names for girls, they avoid the name like the plague for their sons! Sad but true! I’ve always liked it better on a boy but judging from the trend, I seem to be in the minority. If [name]Morgan[/name] is not popular for girls in your area, then I would encourage you to go for it! Someone has to be a trailblazer!

I’ve only know of one [name]Morgan[/name] and a Maugan (pronounced the same), both girls. But I still automatically think boy, I adore [name]Morgan[/name] for a boy. It’s very masculine in my opinion. I am from the UK though, genderbending is less common here with names.

I think [name]Morgan[/name] is very masculine, I don’t see the appeal of using it for a girl whatsoever.

I’ve met both boys and girls named [name]Morgan[/name]… it is my mother’s maiden name so I plan on using it as a middle name for a future son :slight_smile:

Horse, then boy.

I first think “last name”. If I think about using it as a first name… it might be the rare name I’d use on either.

Boy! I love it, but I feel too many would assume girl, so if I ever used it it would be in the middle name slot. (Anyone who can’t see it as male needs to check out [name]Shemar[/name] [name]Moore[/name]'s Agent [name]Morgan[/name] on Criminal Minds. He’s called by his last name way more often than his first, and I [name]LOVE[/name] it. :slight_smile: His sexiness lends great appeal to the name, lol.)

[name]Alexis[/name]

I have two nieces named [name]Morgan[/name], and my best friend dated a (incredibly sexy) guy named [name]Morgan[/name], so I’m a firm believer in ‘it swings both ways’ lol.

[name]Morgan[/name] is so masculine! It’s actually on my boys list :slight_smile: I live in [name]England[/name], where names like [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Harper[/name] etc are predominantly used on boys, and I think the boys-names-on-girls is mainly a USA trend. Either way, it is a very handsome name!

Anyone who can’t see it as male needs to check out Shemar Moore’s Agent Morgan on Criminal Minds. He’s called by his last name way more often than his first, and I LOVE it. His sexiness lends great appeal to the name, lol.

Exactly what I was going to say! He DEFINITELY gives the name massive masculine appeal!

Also, [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Freeman[/name] anyone? Surely people haven’t forgotten about him? I also want to give a huge thumbs up to whoever first brought up Agent Morgan on Criminal Minds.

[name]Morgan[/name] is firmly masculine. I think it’s handsome and charming - it’s on my top 5.