Morgan vs Lacey vs Riley

We currently have a son named [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and are expecting a baby girl in a few short weeks. We’re stuck on three names: [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] and [name_u]Riley[/name_u]. What does everybody like? Does one name sound better with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] than the others?

I think [name_u]Riley[/name_u] sounds best with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]. Second place is [name_f]Lacey[/name_f].

I also somewhat agree that [name_u]Riley[/name_u] and [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] sound better with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] than [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] sounds bad though? I do really like that name, but the fact that it doesn’t sound as good with our son’s name as the other two is steering me away.

[name_u]Riley[/name_u] sounds best, but I much prefer [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. Also, if I heard “[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]”, I would probably assume they were both boys - not because I wouldn’t know that [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]'s unisex, but hearing [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] first predisposes me to think “oh, that’s a boy”. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to consider, maybe?

I think my favourite name out of the three is [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. I like it for a boy, really - it irks me slightly that there’s the beautiful feminine version [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] [mor-[name_m]GAR[/name_m]-nah] out there, which is perfectly stunning and soooo underused, and yet everyone still seems to use [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] instead! I understand why, of course, they have different styles and feels and different associations, but it just seems such a waste!!

Anyway, rant over! If you do like [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], I shall be ecstatic . . . and it sounds great with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]! Otherwise I’d plump for [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], personally, as I’m really not a fan of [name_u]Riley[/name_u]. It does sound like you prefer [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] though.

The deal-breaker should really be which you feel is your daughter’s name - I’m a big believer that you can tell which names are right just by listening to your heart, and that they’re not necessarily always the ones you intrinsically prefer, but the ones that you just know you would use for a child of yours, if that makes sense. You could always just wait and see what suits her?

I like [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] or [name_f]Lacey[/name_f].

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is my favorite.