Morgan?

My husband had baby names picked out from before we got together, lol! To be fair, so did I.

But his and mine don’t line up but I try to give his at least some thought even if they’re not what I would have picked.

What do you think of [name]Morgan[/name]? He loves it, loves the Arthurian connection, loves Gaelic/Celtic myth connections in general. Other names he likes are either more Gaelic: [name]Siobhan[/name], [name]Aoife[/name], [name]Niamh[/name], or fairly fairytale-ish, [name]Winter[/name], [name]Briar[/name], [name]Indigo[/name] etc. Or Welsh, [name]Gwyneira[/name], etc.

I can’t say I started out loving it (my original reaction was basically “What other names do you like…?”) but we’ve been together for years now and he recently wistfully re-mentioned [name]Morgan[/name] and maybe I’ve softened on it?

What do you think?

Is [name]Morgana[/name] better or worse?

And what about the fact we have an M last name?

I struggle with this name because honestly I like it on a boy. If I didn’t know a teenage girl named [name]Morgan[/name] pretty closely, I think it would be on my boys list. But since I know a girl [name]Morgan[/name] I am ok with it on girls. I like it mostly for boys, but also for girls. I am not sure about [name]Morgana[/name]…how exactly is it supposed to be pronounced? Name alliteration doesn’t usually bother me, so I think same initial first and last is ok.

First off, I love [name]Morgana[/name]. I used to like [name]Morgan[/name], but with dorky, crazy, hilarious [name]Morgan[/name] Grimes from [name]Chuck[/name], it’s kind of lost its appeal for a girl to me. :frowning: I do think it holds a certain appeal for girls, though, and [name]Morgan[/name] is sweet. I really love the idea of just [name]Morgana[/name], or even [name]Morgana[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]. Either way, it feels very ethereal, but down to earth, approachable, and fun. [name]Unique[/name]. I really love it. It’s on my own SUPER long list, haha.

I like [name]Morgan[/name] better on a boy, sorry. I do think [name]Morgana[/name] is better because I think of the Arthurian legend way more with it, and I think it has a prettier, softer, and all around better sound.

I like it a bit better on a boy, but I do like it on a girl. I dislike [name]Morgana[/name] though.

I don’t like [name]Morgana[/name]…but I [name]DO[/name] like [name]Morgan[/name] (for girls and for boys, actually!). It’s been growing on me lately (along with [name]Meredith[/name], another unisex and M favourite of mine). I personally love the nn [name]Maggie[/name], and have been trying to find a way to get to it other than [name]Margaret[/name], and am thinking that [name]Morgan[/name] might work…

Anyway, I like that [name]Morgan[/name] has a strong, but also fairytale-ish image. [name]Morgan[/name] sounds like a smart, pretty girl who can take care of herself.

[name]Morgan[/name]'s not my style but I think it’s a cute name for a girl. I find [name]Morgana[/name] to be too over-the-top to use in real life. It’s very witchy sounding and would be better suited for a pet cat.

[name]Morgana[/name] is lovely. It’s been on my list for awhile. =) [name]Morgan[/name], however, is much better for a boy.

[name]Morgan[/name] is one of my top names for a boy, I dislike it on a girl. I prefer [name]Morgana[/name], which is lovely.

I have to say i love [name]Morgan[/name] for a girl. It is my daughters name. I was going to name her [name]Morgana[/name] until they built a park by my house the summer she was born and it is called the [name]Morgana[/name] [name]Park[/name]. My daughter loves the [name]Morgan[/name] but always calls herself [name]Morgana[/name]!

I have no problems with [name]Morgan[/name]…it’s just kind of boring to me. I really like [name]Morgana[/name]. And [name]Gwyneira[/name] and [name]Aoife[/name]. I actually like the alliteration of first and last names.

I think [name]Morgana[/name] is super pretty! I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Briar[/name], and [name]Indigo[/name].

A friend of mine just named her little girl [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]! I love it. Super sweet. She also wanted [name]Morgan[/name] for the gaelic connnection for her Scottish heritage hubby.

[name]Morgan[/name]'s is a gorgeous boy’s name but dated and bland on a girl. [name]Morgana[/name] is much nicer.

Thanks everyone. I generally don’t mind names that aren’t frilly, but don’t care for “taking one from the boys…”

The Arthurian thing makes [name]Morgan[/name] more palatable than most unisex names though, it feels genuinely multi-faceted and less “Wouldn’t it be fun to see a girl named [name]Stanley[/name]?” or whatever.

(I still wish it had been [name]Viviane[/name] he was bucking for…)

Neither is my style.

I definitely think it is unisex; I just like it for boys a teeny bit more.
However, for a girl I prefer [name]Morgan[/name] over [name]Morgana[/name]. I can’t pinpoint it exactly, but I just don’t like [name]Morgana[/name]. They sound like different names to me because of what is emphasized within the name. When I hear “[name]Morgana[/name]” I want to follow it with “dahling.”

“[name]Morgana[/name], dahling! [name]How[/name] lovely of you to come!”

Much prefer [name]Morgan[/name]. :slight_smile: And he loves it, so that makes it more special to you than us berries.