Morrow, Adele, or Bond...Oh My!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! We are expecting a daughter and trying to figure out her name! We have narrowed it down to 3 family names. What we would call her is in quotes. We don’t really want to mix and match bc the names come as a set as they belonged to specific people. We don’t really like the name [name_f]Irene[/name_f] enough to call her that. Also, my name is [name_f]Kate[/name_f], and we don’t want our daughter to go by the same name as I do. I would appreciate any/all feedback about these names. TIA!!

[name_f]Irene[/name_f] “Morrow” [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]
“[name_f]Adele[/name_f]” Leatherman [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] “[name_m]Bond[/name_m]” [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]

[name_f]Adele[/name_f] Leatherman [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] for me! I’m very biased, as [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is in my top 2 should I ever have a daughter, but she’s amazing. I also love [name_f]Irene[/name_f], though, and Morrow is interesting. [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is pretty, but [name_m]Bond[/name_m] I find a bit harder to see the appeal of on a girl, sorry. It’s so reminiscent of [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Bond[/name_m], and the idea of bondage on any gender doesn’t seem that appealing to me? But I suppose I can see the appeal? I just like [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and Morrow more.

Good luck!

1 Like

I’m a little confused, for the [name_f]Adele[/name_f] combo, would [name_f]Adele[/name_f] be her real first name or just what you’d call her? Does each name combo have two middles? Sorry if that’s a dumb question

1 Like

The [name_f]Adele[/name_f] combo is my favorite.

1 Like

[name_f]Adele[/name_f] Leatherman [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] is delightful

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Irene[/name_f] Morrow [name_u]Mallory[/name_u], called Morrow. Quirky and cool!

(I also really like [name_f]Irie[/name_f], short for [name_f]Irene[/name_f])

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite of all the names is [name_f]Adele[/name_f] so [name_f]Adele[/name_f] Leatherman [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] gets my vote. Out of curiosity, if you don’t want to call your daughter [name_f]Kate[/name_f] couldn’t you use a different name? Or is the point of having it as her first name to honour you? I guess the same question applies to [name_f]Irene[/name_f]; if you don’t like it enough to use could you push it to the middle spot?

1 Like

Good question! I should have clarified that [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] is our last name, so each name would be a first and middle. [name_f]Adele[/name_f] would be her first name and what we would call her.

Yes, that would make sense! We want to keep the names intact to honor great grandmothers who had the names in that order.

Yes, I worry about the connection to [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Bond[/name_m] as well. I hadn’t thought about bondage, but I’m glad you brought that up. Yikes! That’s definitely not what we’re going for, so we might have to rethink that.

I like [name_f]Irene[/name_f] Morrow “Morrow” best of your options!

1 Like

[name_f]Adele[/name_f] Leatherman [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] is my favorite. It’s very elegant and charming.
I would definitely select for the first name spot the name you really want to call her. If you don’t like [name_f]Irene[/name_f], then I advice you to don’t use it as a first name. She will probably go by [name_f]Irene[/name_f] at school or work when she gets older. Have you considered any variation of [name_f]Irene[/name_f] or a similar name? [name_f]Irina[/name_f], for example. [name_f]Amani[/name_f], [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_f]Mirella[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Salome[/name_f] mean “peace” or have meanings associated with peace.
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Bond[/name_m] is very interesting, but again, if you’re not going to call her [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or choose a nickname related to [name_f]Kate[/name_f], I’m not sure if you should use it as a first name.

1 Like

I’m glad I asked! I like [name_f]Irene[/name_f] Morrow best! I also like [name_f]Adele[/name_f] at lot but not Leatherman. I think [name_f]Adele[/name_f] Morrow would also be sweet.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] Leatherman [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]!

Morrow is really pretty, but might occasionally be confused for Marrow, as in bone marrow? But still, pretty!

She might be teased about [name_m]Bond[/name_m] because it does sound like [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Bond[/name_m] or even stocks and bonds when she gets older.

I think that [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is a wonderful name. I like Morrow as well and actually I like [name_f]Irene[/name_f] too if you want something more different. I’m not loving the [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Bond[/name_m] combo. [name_m]Bond[/name_m] sounds really masculine to me and just has almost like a muffled sound if that makes sense. I love the name [name_f]Kate[/name_f] but realize you don’t want to have the same name as her.

Ooh what about [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]?? It’s so cute and kinda quirky. I didn’t realize that [name_m]Bond[/name_m] was a family name. That would be a different way to honor it.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is the [name_f]Irene[/name_f] combo!

Leatherman makes me think of the gay leather subculture. It’s not really something I would recommend as a girl’s name.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/leatherman

I would go with [name_f]Irene[/name_f] “Morrow” [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]. Or [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f], if that is an option.

Ooh I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]! I kind of like it! And I like that it means cheerful.

Wow. So interesting. It is a surname in my family, and I had never heard of that. It’s not something I would associate with little girls either, but I’ve always thought the name was pretty (just didn’t know about the subculture!).