Moshe. Pros & Cons What do you think?

I already have a son named [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. My husband seems to only like popular names. (His next suggestion is [name]Ethan[/name].) However I keep coming back to [name]Moshe[/name]. What do you think?

[name]How[/name] exactly do you pronounce it? At first glance, it looks very Jewish to me, which might be weird if you’re not Jewish. I don’t like [name]Ethan[/name] very much, because of the popularity, but I’m not sure if [name]Moshe[/name] would go well with [name]Elijah[/name].

Its pronounced mO she. We are not Jewish but I like it because its a variation of [name]Moses[/name] that doesn’t seem so old to me.

My first thought upon seeing the name was “mosh pit”. When I read how it was pronounced, I thought of mochi.

it sounds like a video game character to me…

I’m in NYC, so it’s not unheard of. I associate it with older Jewish men and a huge moving company. But it could be ready for a youthful revamp!

I haven’t heard of this one before, so maybe that is a pro if you really want something original? However, I immediately thought of ‘mushy.’ I’m not really a fan, sorry. I do really like [name]Mose[/name] and [name]Moss[/name], which are other variations of [name]Moses[/name].

I used to live in NY, so I heard it a lot when I lived there. I don’t see myself using it, but I do kind of like it. I guess pronunciation could be an issue, based on other posts. I also think of it as very Jewish, and people may assume you’re Jewish if you use it, which is not at all a bad thing. I think it has a nice sound.

I think its very very Jewish. I don’t think I’ve ever met a [name]Moshe[/name] who was under 80, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I think mosh pit, or “gotta moosh, gotta moosh, can you do the fandango?”

[name]How[/name] about [name]Mose[/name], a very contemporary, cool take on [name]Moses[/name].

I think mosh pit, or “gotta moosh, gotta moosh, can you do the fandango?”

[name]How[/name] about [name]Mose[/name], a very contemporary, cool take on [name]Moses[/name].

Except if you watch The Office… It’s the name of [name]Dwight[/name]'s crazy cousin.