Most common girls names you know!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

Drop the most common girl’s names you’ve encountered in real life in this thread :slight_smile:

For me, by far, the most common I’ve met have been [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. I’ve met over 5 Emilys, and about 10 Isabellas!

What about you?

1 Like

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] (!!!), [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], Gabby/Abby

At least 5 girls in my grade with each of those names.

1 Like

It’s a toss up between: [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_u]Aria[/name_u], and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] and all of its spelling variants. Between two daycares, I taught three of them. And my friend’s little daughter is named [name_f]Leila[/name_f] too. Feels like every other little girl is named Layla/Leila lately.

Growing up, I felt like there were a lot of Madisons. Also [name_f]Emily[/name_f], Sophie/Sophia, [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. So many Alex’s.

1 Like

Liliana/ [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] “Lilly” is by far the most common name I’ve heard for girls where I live! Followed by Adeline/ [name_f]Adelyne[/name_f], [name_f]Leilani[/name_f], and [name_f]Athena[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] & variants. [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], & [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] too.

1 Like

I used to work in a kid’s section of retail and every little girl was named either [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

When I was in school, there was a lot of Emily’s and Abby’s.

1 Like

[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] / [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and variants
Sara(h)
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] (and it’s various spellings), [name_f]Aisha[/name_f] (and it’s various spellings), [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

1 Like

I’ve met easily a dozen plus girls named [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]!

1 Like

For girls around my own age I’d say Lily/Lilly/Lillian, Hailey/Haylee/etc., Isabella/Isabelle, and [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

If we’re talking females in general I’ve met an insane amount of Lauries/Loris, but all of them have been older.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] age: [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Kirsty[/name_f]

[name_m]Young[/name_m] children: Lily/Lilly, [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_u]Florence[/name_u], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] own age (and where I live now): [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] and [name_f]Stefanie[/name_f], probably.

Children: [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

1 Like

My own age:

Alessia / Lexi / Alessandra / Alexandra / Sasha, Ginevra, Cristina / Cristiana, Angela, Elisa, Rebecca, Carlotta, Ludovica, Matilde, Vittoria. Also Elisabetta, Sofia and Francesca, but a bit less. Also met many Maeves and Maes online! + Many Rebeccas and Elizabeth and Julia and Emma

Children:

Ginevra, Olivia, Emma, Giorgia, Diana, Cecilia (maybe Nora and Adele)

I know a lot of : Luna, Lune, Moon, etc or any variations of this both in real life (as Luna) and online (as other variants) of children and young women (even enbies).

1 Like

I’ve met a lot of girls and women named (in no particular order):

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] / [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_u]Lauren[/name_u] / [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] (any spelling, this is just the most common I see)
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] / [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f] (all older)
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] (not as many as the others, but a surprising amount)
[name_u]Erin[/name_u] (ditto: Bridget)

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Giulia[/name_f], [name_f]Chiara[/name_f] & [name_f]Sara[/name_f]

I’ve always seem to have known lots of Lucy’s my age. Other names I’ve met/known a lot of: [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]

isabella et al has to be up there - at my old school, we had ten, if you count all the spellings

same with rose names - there were nine (rosa, rose, rosemary, rosie, rosalie etc)

i also meet countless girls called:
alice
emma
maya
katherine
lucy
charlotte

1 Like