I’m another [name]Brit[/name] so I thought I would have a go too! I live in the South of [name]England[/name], a couple of hours from [name]London[/name] (generally v conservative when it comes to names and also about 99% Caucasian).
I have three children (aged nearly 1 to 7 years)
- [name]JACK[/name] - a few, not as many as might expect
- [name]OLIVER[/name]- v popular here!
- [name]CHARLIE[/name]- again v popular here!
- [name]HARRY[/name]- v popular!
- [name]ALFIE[/name] - v popular also!
- [name]THOMAS[/name]- masses of them (still like the name though)
- [name]JOSHUA[/name] - v popular!
- [name]WILLIAM[/name]- ditto!
- [name]JAMES[/name] - not as many here
- [name]DANIEL[/name]- a few, less used here than the other names
[name]Ben/name is also popular here amongst school aged children and [name]Oscar[/name] on smaller children.
I believe [name]Lucas[/name] (my son’s name) has risen a lot, but strangely, we haven’t met any here. I had wanted to call him [name]Jasper[/name] when pg, which is a lot less popular and I have met two locally.
- [name]OLIVIA[/name] - have met a few, not as many as you might expect.
- [name]RUBY[/name]- ditto above.
- [name]SOPHIE[/name]- popular here, as is [name]Sophia[/name]
- [name]CHLOE[/name]- v popular but have met more school age children called [name]Chloe[/name], rather than babies
- [name]EMILY[/name]- popular
- [name]GRACE[/name]- not as popular as you might expect here (I love this name)!
- [name]JESSICA[/name] - v popular!
- [name]LILY[/name]- ditto (especially babies)
- [name]AMELIA[/name] - a few
- [name]EVIE[/name] (v popular and [name]Eva[/name]/ [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Ava[/name])
[name]Charlotte[/name] v popular here (school age and babies), [name]Isabel[/name]/ [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name]/ [name]Ella[/name] v popular too!
I suspect in ‘trend setting’ parts of [name]London[/name], there is a much greater variety of names than there is here.