Most unique names of your family & friends?

What are the strangest names of those in your family? And your close friends?

My cousins are [name]Tully[/name] [name]Jean[/name] and her younger sister is [name]Lenna[/name].

My best friends children are Hussien [name]Ali[/name] [name]Robert[/name] and [name]Sharif[/name] Jakobus. She’s just had a little girl Jentina [name]Cornelia[/name] [name]Coco[/name].

My cousin [name]Peta[/name]- who is a girl, has a daughter [name]Marli[/name].

We have Minton as a male mn in our family. Also a little boy named Minis who died young.

My cousins - Ilyas & [name]Aili[/name] (Now grown up they go by [name]Tom[/name] & [name]Christena[/name] respectively)

[name]Friend[/name]'s daughters - [name]India[/name] & [name]Xanthe[/name]

Relation’s son - Eberheart

I have a cousin a year older than me called [name]Chynna[/name], pronounced same as [name]China[/name] and her brother is called [name]Kelsey[/name], as in [name]Kelsey[/name] Grammer. They seem pretty unique. Then I have a cousin called [name]Brooke[/name] (that’s not the unusual part) who has a daughter called [name]Tilly[/name], just [name]Tilly[/name] not short for anything. She also has a son called [name]Hunter[/name] but his name isn’t that unusual. I also have a best friend called [name]Darrian[/name], she’s a girl.

There are pretty much no unique names in my family. Although I do have a great-uncle named [name]Hy[/name], short for [name]Hyman[/name].

Some of the unique names of my friends:
(g) [name]Jael[/name] - pronounced [name]HI[/name]-el
(g) Chaunc”e - pronounced shawn-[name]SAY[/name]
(g) Macall
(g) Chanse - yes, it’s for a girl, and spelled incorrectly…
(b) [name]Orion[/name] - I’ve never met anyone named this before him
(g) [name]Tommi[/name]
(g) Tya - I actually know two Tya’s and it’s not even in the Namberry database.
(b) [name]Keifer[/name] - not a name that you hear a lot
(b) [name]Graham[/name] - it wasn’t very popular the year that me and my friends were born, so it’s considered pretty unique
(b) McCady - a lot of people think it’s kind of girly, but I love it. He often goes by [name]Mac[/name]

I’m sure there are tons more, I just can’t think of them. When I do, I’ll come back and post them.

Thought of some. My mom was telling me about the names of her Italian family (all of whom I never met), and the two stand outs were:
[name]Carmelo[/name] - her adoptive father’s name, he went by [name]Carmel[/name]. Which is funny because this has recently been added to my maybe list.
[name]Serafine[/name] (ser-a-feen) - I think that’s how it was spelled, he was my mom’s uncle. He went by Fine (pronounced feen). I asked my mom if she liked the name [name]Seraphina[/name] and she said no because it reminded her of her uncle.

On my mom’s side we have no unique names, but on my dad’s side the names are unique to [name]America[/name], if that counts. My dad and his family came over from [name]Italy[/name].
We have: [name]Cesare[/name], [name]Guido[/name], [name]Giorgio[/name], [name]John[/name] [name]Paul[/name], and Rosolino. (And a friend that came over with them name [name]Pierre[/name].)

For my friends I have:
[name]Pepin[/name] (a boy)
[name]Randi[/name] (a girl)
[name]Bryce[/name] (a girl)
[name]Kyla[/name] (who always gets confused with [name]Kayla[/name])
[name]Andrea[/name] (pronounced OHN-drea)

@Canadianne - [name]India[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name] are two fantastic names! Kudos to your friends for picking them!

@Ricamaca - [name]Randi[/name] is a very common Norwegian name (20 000 ladies in all of Norway which makes it one of the more common ones)… ^^
It’s a variant of Ragnfrid which means something like ‘beautiful counsellor’… Ragn- means ‘counsel/advice’ and -frid means ‘beautiful’…

I don’t have any friends or family with rare names you know of, but my grandfather was Bodvar, one of 60 in Norway…
I also have a friend called Odd which is nothing out of the ordinary for me, but pretty odd for you XD

Also, my sister when to school with a girl called Tireny who went by nn Ticky. Her real name always reminded me too much of tyranny.

I’ve also know 2 girls named [name]Tenley[/name] (swedish maybe?).

Good to know! Thanks!
I had never met one before! :slight_smile: And I don’t think she’s Norwegian… I shall find out !:slight_smile:

My cousin [name]Marina[/name] has a son called [name]Merlin[/name].
I know a Taidgh and a Tadgh, both pronounced like Thai, although some people tell me that Tadgh’s name is really supposed to be pronounced [name]Tai[/name]-gg.
I know two Niamhs, and while I know this isn’t an unusual name, anyone who isn’t as name nerdy as me thinks it is.
A [name]Tiki[/name], short for [name]Victoria[/name]. Not so much unusual, but so cute.
A little girl called Loveday, with a huge double-barreled surname.
A girl with the first name Darling, surname [name]Friend[/name].
Zasu, a girl, pronounced Zah-zoo.

That’s all I can think of at the moment, but I’m sure I know many more!

[name]Saturday[/name], I met a girl my age, named Kjel. It’s pronounced Chel. She has a brother named Einner.

This is very strange…
Kjell is a Norwegian boys name and [name]Einar[/name] is as well…
I don’t know what to make of this to be honest!
Very strange indeed!

My friend is name Begona. She is mexican though.

Mother=[name]Heather[/name]
[name]Sister[/name]=[name]Theadora[/name]
BF=Shreenidhi

[name]One[/name] of my best friends is named Taegon, and his brothers are [name]Kaelan[/name] and Gandon.

my best friend’s name is Bretta, she was named after her gradmother or great grandmother. she usally has to tell people her name a few times for them to get that it’s not [name]Greta[/name].
I also know a boy whos name is jewett and I have a boy cosin named shelby, not all that uncommen except for a boy

I have friends named [name]Zahra[/name], Zury and [name]Itzel[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a little odd to me…

I have a 4yr old cousin named [name]Linda[/name], she’s named after her dad’s grandmother.

Other names in my family tree:

[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Cadia[/name]
[name]Amy[/name]-[name]Ann[/name]

Met them at some point in my life…

Champagne
LoRéal
Esoterica
Cleazanetra (met in passing a couple of times, really don’t know how to spell her name.)
[name]Sophronia[/name]
Sondrail or Sondraila (could be spelling this one wrong too, but it was something like that.)
[name]Mona[/name] [name]Lisa[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Carline[/name]

[name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Mozart[/name]