Multicultural Name of the Day 2.0

I think the old thread may have gotten deleted, so here is a new thread! Post your favorite multicultural or international name every day or whenever you feel like it!

Today, mine is [name_f]Inga[/name_f]!

12 Likes

[name_f]Inga[/name_f] just reminded me of [name_f]Ingeborg[/name_f], the name of a professor I had last semester. It’s really unusual but she wore it well!

4 Likes

Vera for today!

7 Likes

I had an ancestor named [name_f]Ingeborg[/name_f].

3 Likes

[name_m]Yakov[/name_m]

8 Likes

Thank you for this [name_f]Mary[/name_f]! :relaxed:

Mine today is [name_u]Avi[/name_u]!

6 Likes

I figured someone had to make one :joy: it was such a fun thread

1 Like

I know an [name_f]Inga[/name_f] and she wears the name wonderfully!

Mine is [name_m]Orin[/name_m], Hebrew meaning pine

6 Likes

Mine today is [name_u]Vasya[/name_u], a diminutive of [name_m]Vasiliy[/name_m] (the Russian form of Basil)!

12 Likes

[name_m]Ivo[/name_m] for today! (my cousins name lolol)

13 Likes

Izan! :earth_africa:

3 Likes

your cousin has such a great name!! love :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Today mine is [name_f]Fabienne[/name_f]!

Honestly [name_f]Fabienne[/name_f] is such a gorgeous [name_u]French[/name_u] name she deserves too have some of the spotlight [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] has currently. [name_f]Fabienne[/name_f] is beautiful.

7 Likes

yngvild ! it’s a norwegian feminine name

origin

modern form of yngvildr! derived from a combination of yngvi, an alternate name for the norse god freyr (possibly his actual name while freyr was his title) with hildr, meaning battle

6 Likes

Agreed! :seedling:

2 Likes

another for today: I’m forever in love with [name_u]Lior[/name_u] :dizzy:

10 Likes

Valentina!

5 Likes

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] that he and [name_m]Hershel[/name_m] both have “deer” in their meanings.

8 Likes

[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] (Native American) “Pure”

12 Likes

I’ve fallen in love with Eutimio :sparkling_heart: It’s a Spanish name meaning “generous” or “in good spirits”.

7 Likes