Multiples!

I’m not expecting, but I’m wondering if you are a parent of multiples, and what it is like to have more than one baby at a time

1 Like

Moved this to the Parentberries category, since it’s about parenting :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first pregnancy was twins. They are 2 1/2 now and wonderful, crazy little creatures :joy:
It’s much easier now. The first year was difficult. Especially the newborn stage. It’s all a bit of a blur really because I was a bit overwhelmed as a first time mom.
I wouldn’t change a thing about it though because they are best friends and I’ve absolutely loved seeing them grow together. I feel really lucky to have twins.

This time I am pregnant with a singleton and I’ve had to wrap my mind around just one baby. Lol It feels strange to me because I’m so used to two of everything.
There are things I am looking forward to with a singleton that I feel like I didn’t get with my twins though. Like cuddling with one newborn in the middle of the night without feeling mom guilt about not holding the other one at the same time. [name_u]Or[/name_u] getting to wear baby when it’s convenient to do so. It’s going to be a really different experience.
[name_f]My[/name_f] boys will be 3 when baby gets here and I know they will be the best big brothers. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

To sum it up, having twins is an amazing and wonderful experience and I wouldn’t trade it for anything, but it’s definitely not easy at first and if you’re lucky enough to have them there will be some sacrifices that naturally come with having twins that maybe people don’t think about at first.

4 Likes

I have twin boys, they’re now 3 months + 3 weeks old. I also have two older boys.

Honestly, it’s exhausting. They were born at a little over 32 weeks, and they spent almost four weeks in the NICU after they were born. When they came home sleeping was a disaster and feeding them always turned into a drama. But now they’re doing better, we’re settling in, they’re sleeping better and feeding them is not such a struggle anymore. Taking care of twins is more complicated than one baby, and if my SO wasn’t here as much as he is it would be near impossible to do.
Having twins does have some advantages: they can keep each other awake sometimes, but they also comfort each other. And being a twin myself, I hope they can have the same bond as my twin brother and I have. They’ll always have each other. It’s lovely seeing them together, they have their own personality already and seeing them interact is such a beautiful thing.

2 Likes