Music taste!

The main purpose of this thread is to connect with each other by sharing our music taste, hope you like the idea!

I’ll go first.
I’ve been listening to 곁에 있어주길 (Stay with me) by [name_u]Jay[/name_u] [name_u]Park[/name_u] quite a lot lately and I have to admit I truly love that song. It has meaningful lyrics and I would encourage anyone to give it a listen even if you don’t understand Korean.
His voice is just so beautiful and relaxing to hear, it makes me kind of sad knowing not many people recognize his talent :confused:

Now that my rant is over I can finally wish you all a good day / evening / night !
If this doesn’t flop and someone actually reads this please it would mean a lot if you could share good songs or artists in the comments as I’m trying to expand my horizons in terms of music !!

bye, stay safe <3

2 Likes

Hello! I see that you’re a new member. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry!
Click on the link below.
Hello, new members!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] [name_f]Grande[/name_f], [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Eilish[/name_f], and Post [name_u]Malone[/name_u]

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] Clarkson!

1 Like

i LOVE kate bush

2 Likes

Same here :grin: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Bush[/name_m] especially her Song of [name_m]Solomon[/name_m].

@baya44

2 Likes

Billie Marten, [name_m]Sufjan[/name_m] Stevens, [name_f]Katie[/name_f] Melua, Girl Ultra, [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] Teng, [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] [name_m]Rogers[/name_m], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] Girls, [name_f]Florence[/name_f] + the Machine, and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Bush[/name_m] would be my current top ten! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

bit of a variety, now that I look at it :rofl:

2 Likes

I love Indila

1 Like

Song of [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is GREAT
my favourite is probably the hounds of love album, with And [name_u]Dream[/name_u] of Sheep being my favourite song!

1 Like

Thanks to my dad, I listen to A LOT of genres of music. He has playlists that will be all death and destruction heavy metal and rap, and then he’s also a big country music fan. And he likes pop. And my aunt likes classical, and being in choir, I love songs in Latin and [name_u]French[/name_u]. We also listen to a lot of Latino songs, and really everything. [name_f]My[/name_f] best friend loves [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister loves [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] [name_m]Parton[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother loves [name_f]Queen[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] uncle likes [name_m]Prince[/name_m], and my grandpa loves Classic [name_m]Rock[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] nana loves hymns.
So it’s a very broad taste, I have. I couldn’t tell you my favorite song, or even my favorite.

2 Likes

i love taylor swift and hozier! i’ve literally been listening to them on repeat for the last month

2 Likes

My favorites are Celtic Woman, [name_u]Julie[/name_u] Fowlis, [name_m]Vallis[/name_m] Alps, and [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] [name_m]Thompson[/name_m] :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi! I love Gunship, [name_f]Bebe[/name_f] Rexha, Artic Monkeys, AViVA, [name_f]Bea[/name_f] [name_u]Miller[/name_u], [name_u]Royal[/name_u] Blood and Ratatat, just to name a few.

My music taste is basically everything, rock, indie/alternative, pop, lo-fi, emo-pop, EDM, 80’s synth, electronic music, soul music, you name it.

I love Why [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t We, [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m], Faouzia, CARYS, [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_f]Dua[/name_f] Lipa, [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Rodrigo[/name_m], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] Rosinkranz and a lot more. I tend to just listen to the charts and choose certain songs I like, see the artists and then listen to more of their music. I like pop, alt pop, and semi rock

1 Like

I love music from many genres, but generally my favorite songs that are ones that are both epic and tell a story.
E.g.

Well, I like so many types of music. Pop, [name_m]Rock[/name_m], Alternative, Hip Hop, Country, soundtracks, you name it. Pop and Alternative rock are my favorites.

The only type that I really don’t [name_m]Ike[/name_m] is heavy metal with screaming in it.

My taste has definitely become more diverse over the years. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite band was Coldplay from 2015-2019.

Now, I’ve been listening to Within Temptation a lot lately. I haven’t yet come across anyone who has even heard of them. They’re a gothic symphonic metal band. I think [name_f]Sharon[/name_f] den [name_u]Adel[/name_u] might have the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard.

2 Likes

My all time FAVORITE pop band is AJR. I know a lot of people don’t like them, and say they’re just copying Twenty One [name_m]Pilots[/name_m], but they’re not, and they come up with their own original ideas. If you haven’t listened to them, I would highly recommend that you do. Some songs to get you started are: [name_m]Way[/name_m] Less Sad, Sober Up, 100 Bad Days, [name_m]Burn[/name_m] The House Down, Birthday Party, Dear [name_u]Winter[/name_u], Break [name_f]My[/name_f] Face, Call [name_f]My[/name_f] Dad, Bummerland, Bang, Weak, and Big Idea. So as my little brother once said, choose your pick! You don’t have to listen to all of them, but I would really suggest listening to 3 or 4 of them, because most of their songs deal with real problems, like depression and other things, and are not just about girls. I fou read this whole thing, wow! Thank you! Now please go listen to a few of their songs! :grin:

2 Likes

I have a very limited attention span, and music helps me focus, so I listen to quite bit of music! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite genres are rock (punk, alt, and emo, mostly), indie, a bit of worship, a bit of pop and rap. Anything that sounds good and has meaningful lyrics, I guess.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite band of all time is Twenty One [name_m]Pilots[/name_m]–I could rant about the for hours, but I’ll just say this: the lyrics really helped me through some stuff. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from them are “Holding on to You”, “The [name_m]Judge[/name_m]”, “Taxi [name_m]Cab[/name_m]”, and “Fake You Out”.

Other artists I enjoy (with my fav songs from them) are:
[name_u]Owl[/name_u] City (pop)–"Fireflies, “Angels”, “Lucid [name_u]Dream[/name_u]” , “Plant Life”
half-alive (indie alt-pop)-- “TrusT”, “still feel”, “Aawake at [name_u]Night[/name_u]”
[name_f]Ruelle[/name_f] (I don’t really know her genre tbh)-- “The World We Made”, “[name_u]Genesis[/name_u]”
Tall Heights (folk?)-- “[name_f]Spirit[/name_f] Cold”, “Eastern Standard Time”, “Depths”
KB (christian rap)-- “Armies”, “Oceans”, “Hold Me Back”
Sleeping at Last (indie)-- “[name_f]Earth[/name_f]”, “[name_f]Nine[/name_f]”, “Bad Blood”

Also–musicals are awesome! (I like Dear [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Hansen[/name_m], The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f], [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables, The Greatest Showman, Newsies, and a few songs from [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m])

~rant over, sorry if it’s a bit long :sweat_smile:~

2 Likes

So is mine!! I love them so much :heart:

I’ve never heard anyone say that?? I feel like they’re so different than Twenty One [name_m]Pilots[/name_m]. AJR has a really unique sound and style :))

I second these suggestions! Defnitely Bang, [name_m]Way[/name_m] Less Sad, [name_m]Burn[/name_m] the House Down, Birthday Party, and 100 Bad Days. All of their songs are amazing, though. I also suggest No Grass Today, Three Thirty, and [name_u]Drama[/name_u]!

2 Likes

@Quilliza YESSSSSS!!! Finally someone else who loves AJR! :smiley:

2 Likes