Music ✨

So, I’m trying to find new artists to listen to, because at the moment my playlist consists mainly of movie soundtracks. :laughing:

I’m really curious- what’s your favourite genre, and who’s your favourite artist?

2 Likes

basically anything before the 2000s is my favourite but I really do love such a range - my Spotify playlist has songs from 1930-2021 and pretty much all genres. I would be more than happy to share my playlists with you if you are interested (Private message me if you are) - I have built up my playlists and at the moment I have about 50 - all of them very organised and categorised :joy:

1 Like

I’m probably not super helpful, since my favorite genre is pop (like Top 40 pop, cringey I know). [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite artist is [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Rodrigo[/name_m], but it changes all the time!

2 Likes

I have a really eclectic taste.
[name_f]Muse[/name_f]
Hurts
The neighborhood
[name_u]Paris[/name_u]
[name_f]Enya[/name_f]
Bastille

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] music taste is just kind of all over the place. Artists that come to mind are [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] Dragons, The [name_m]Jam[/name_m], [name_u]Owl[/name_u] City and [name_u]Halsey[/name_u]. Last night after I finished a new book I sang the chorus of Where is the [name_u]Love[/name_u]? by the [name_m]Black[/name_m] Eye Peas very badly to my cat several times. And something I really like is older songs that have modern covers, especially dark modern covers (Everybody Wants to [name_m]Rule[/name_m] the World by Tears for Fears and its cover by Lorde, Smells Like Teen [name_f]Spirit[/name_f] by [name_f]Nirvana[/name_f] and its cover by [name_f]Malia[/name_f] J). Am I Wrong by [name_u]Nico[/name_u] & [name_m]Vinz[/name_m] is good for making you happy and uplifted. Same while Whistle While You Work It by [name_f]Katy[/name_f] Tiz. Specifically Pompeii and Things We Lost in the [name_u]Fire[/name_u] by Bastille. Zombie by Bad Wolves, Home by Machine [name_m]Gun[/name_m] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], We Are [name_m]Young[/name_m] by Fun and [name_f]Janelle[/name_f] [name_f]Monae[/name_f] and Impossible by [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] which I all found very close together via various [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] fanvids. Also [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] by [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Eilish[/name_f] and [name_m]Khalid[/name_m] and Hold On I Still Want You (don’t know the artist) which I don’t listen to because the videos to those two songs were so sad. Que [name_f]Sera[/name_f] by [name_u]Justice[/name_u] [name_m]Crew[/name_m] and I Lived by OneRepublic for the nostalgia (we sang those in my Year 6 leavers assembly). Take That as well because when I was little my mum used to get out a speaker and play their music really loudly through the house whenever she tidied up. It’s Not Over Yet by for KING & COUNTRY because I always imagine this as a soundtrack while clips of teachers dumping homework on us all play. High Hopes and House of Memories by Panic! At The Disco just because. Superheroes by The Script, Something [name_m]Just[/name_m] Like This by Coldplay and Sick Boy by the Chainsmokers all remind me of each other. The Importance of Being Idle by [name_u]Oasis[/name_u] I learnt about in my music lesson (we were doing either osinatos or motifs, I had to Google it and even then I couldn’t remember the right word, so clearly it was a very important lesson that I will use every day for the rest of my life). And that’s about all. There are others that are just kind of good songs I like for no particular reason but this post is long enough without ‘and song xyz is good too. And abc. And…’.

1 Like

I have three main genres I listen to - musical theatre, classic rock, and indie (subgenres indie pop and folk)

[name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite band is Jukebox the Ghost, followed by [name_f]Orla[/name_f] Gartland.

1 Like

My favorite songs/artists/genres change all the time. I like new and old country, musical theatre, classical & pop. Here are some of my favorite singers/groups:

Dolly Parton
Taylor Swift
Katy Perry
*Celtic Woman
Reba McEntire
Blake Shelton
Kristin Chenoweth
Ben Platt
Tenille Townes
Judy Garland
Carrie Underwood
Adele
Kelly Clarkson
Enya

There is so many more I could think of, but that list would take hours to read so I’m gonna stop it here.

*I think they’re probably the most underrated on my list, especially because their singers change every few years but they’re always great!! Also, if you end up listening to them, one of the singers, called Mairead Carlin does some of her own stuff and she is amazing!!

A few artists I listen to that I think deserve more love …

[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] Teng
Laufey
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] Marten
The Accidentals
[name_u]Canyon[/name_u] City
[name_f]Adrianne[/name_f] Lenker / Big Thief
[name_u]Sammy[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] + the Friends
[name_f]Katie[/name_f] Melua
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

1 Like

We had the same songs for our Year 6 Leavers Assembly as well! That’s such a huge coincidence!

Thanks for the replies, everyone! They were all so helpful! :yellow_heart:

I don’t have a genre, I listen to all kinds of music. These are the artists I listen to most often (at the moment):

[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
Radiohead
Sigur Rós
Years & Years (especially Palo Santo)
The Smiths
Beirut
[name_m]Jóhann[/name_m] Jóhannsson
[name_m]Arvo[/name_m] Pärt
J.S. [name_m]Bach[/name_m]
[name_m]Ludwig[/name_m] v. Beethoven
Bronski [name_u]Beat[/name_u]
[name_f]Alabama[/name_f] Shakes
Mew
REM
Crowded House

1 Like

i mostly listen to indie & alt pop

my favorite artists / bands atm are:

ajr
lil nas x
atlas
cavetown
conan gray
hozier
alec benjamin
aidan alexander

1 Like

I don’t have a particular music genre I prefer, but here are some artists I like:

• [name_m]Vallis[/name_m] Alps
  • Galdive
  • Celtic Woman
  • [name_u]Julie[/name_u] Fowlis
  • [name_m]Luke[/name_m] Chiang

And some current favorite songs:

• Oh! — [name_m]Vallis[/name_m] Alps
  • Run — [name_m]Vallis[/name_m] Alps
  • Stars — SKY
  • Dear [name_m]Matias[/name_m] — Galdive
  • Sweater Weather — The Neighborhood
  • Written in the Stars — [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Legend[/name_u] & [name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
  • Oceans & Galaxies — Haliene & Jauz
1 Like

my favourite artists are:

taylor swift
lorde
conan gray
clairo
girl in red
måneskin
arctic monkeys
olivia rodrigo
sara kays
ricky montgomery

3 Likes

I don’t have a favourite genre to speak of, but my favourite artists;

• elvis presley
  • lewis capaldi
  • harry styles
  • niall horan
  • louis tomlinson
  • one direction
  • cardi b
  • saweetie
  • mcfly
  • busted
  • olly murs
  • eminem
  • backstreet boys
  • aaliyah
  • britney spears
  • scouting for girls
  • reo speedwagon
  • take that
4 Likes

Serotonin! [name_f]Girl[/name_f] in red

2 Likes

i love harry styles so much his music is angelic. my new favorite is a band called surfaces!

1 Like

i honestly don’t know what you’d call my music taste lol. maybe indie pop, or just pop? idk

my favorite artists are:

[name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]
The Beatles
[name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_u]John[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] Bridgers
Tacocat
Arctic Monkeys
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Rodrigo[/name_m]
[name_f]Girl[/name_f] in [name_u]Red[/name_u]
Rolling Stones
Lorde
[name_f]Pink[/name_f] [name_u]Floyd[/name_u]
[name_m]Cage[/name_m] the Elephant
[name_f]Nirvana[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Eilish[/name_f]

i also like a bunch of songs, but haven’t really listened to the artist(s) other than that.

[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] - [name_m]Fleet[/name_m] Foxes
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - the lumineers
There she goes - The la’s
Smells like teen spirit - [name_f]Malia[/name_f] J.
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] - Dr. Dog
Where does the good go - [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] & [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
Mulder & [name_m]Scully[/name_m] - Catatonia
She - [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Styles[/name_m]
[name_f]Pretty[/name_f] [name_f]Girl[/name_f] - Clairo
I kissed a girl - [name_f]Katy[/name_f] [name_u]Perry[/name_u]
Edge of seventeen - [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks
[name_f]Diana[/name_f] - One Direction

1 Like

I’ve got a pretty eclectic style as well. [name_f]My[/name_f] two favorite artists/bands are [name_f]Queen[/name_f] and Hozier.

I generally love classic rock but I also love indie/alternative music.

honorable mentions:

Cavetown
girl in red
WILLOW
[name_f]Lil[/name_f] [name_m]Nas[/name_m] X
YUNGBLUD
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_u]Orange[/name_u] County
[name_m]Conan[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]

2 Likes

I mostly listen to kpop, my favourite groups at the moment are:

bts
nct + wayv
day6
ateez
seventeen
shinee
stray kids
txt
loona
twice
itzy

And solo artists:

eric nam
sunmi
holland

1 Like

Listen to AJR. You won’t regret it. Also musicals are great.

2 Likes