my 45-ish pets' names (here you go, Nephele! =P )

I mentioned at the end of my guest blog on obsessive teen name loving that I have 45 pets. So, here are their names!

Cats: Bogey, [name]Sunny[/name], [name]Walter[/name] Gibbs ("[name]Walt[/name]"), Custard and [name]Edgar[/name]
Dogs: [name]Mackenzie[/name] and [name]Ginger[/name]
Rabbit: [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Fish[/name]: [name]Nemo[/name]
Turtles: Mr. T (aka Terminator), [name]Donatella[/name] ("[name]Dona[/name]"), [name]April[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name], Master Splinter, [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Michelangelo[/name], Spike, Spike [name]Jr[/name] (we haven’t seen him much after getting him so no name yet), Sydne (named after previous owner, and Squirt. Can you tell we like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!
Tortoises: Shredder (she’s about 130lbs!), [name]Bentley[/name], [name]Sampson[/name]…[name]George[/name], [name]Casey[/name] [name]Jones[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Sonora[/name]. And [name]George[/name] & [name]Casey[/name]‘s kids (we didn’t know [name]George[/name] was a girl at first…so hence the name!): [name]Ronnie[/name] ([name]George[/name] [name]Burns[/name]’ son…), [name]Emmanuelle[/name], [name]Zion[/name], [name]Bryce[/name] & Sprout. We had a [name]Chance[/name] but the evil dog [name]Ginger[/name] killed 'em =(
And like 8 birds…But, as I have a fear of flying things, I don’t hang out with them enough to name them!

We also feed two strays: [name]Cassidy[/name] and Medusa.

Wow! I would [name]LOVE[/name] to see that 130-lb tortoise you have! That’s awesome! Sounds like you’re really into keeping turtles and tortoises.

Great names you’ve picked out! Guess you can tell I really, really enjoyed reading your Nameberry Blog this morning! Well done, emrasmus!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Turtles and tortoises are great animals :slight_smile:

We have :
Cats - [name]Paloma[/name] (I regret this sometimes, as I love it so much that I could have used it for a daughter), [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Cocoa[/name]. We only named [name]Paloma[/name], as [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Cocoa[/name] were rescue cats.
Dogs - [name]Ella[/name] (named after [name]Fitzgerald[/name] - a sweet little mix of things; we’re not sure what exactly, but she’s definitely part beagle) and [name]Aretha[/name] (named after [name]Franklin[/name] - a lovely big labrador).
Parrot - [name]George[/name].

At my husband’s childhood home, where we live for part of the year, there are some big animals, too :
Horses - [name]Persia[/name], [name]Apollo[/name] and [name]Tallulah[/name].
Sheep - Brownie, Poptart, Biscuit, Smartie and Twix.
Cow - [name]Daisy[/name] (very original, I know :slight_smile: )…
Llama - (I kid you not) [name]Delores[/name].

My in-laws breed sheepdogs, and sometimes I get a hand in naming them, too :slight_smile:

I have some pictures up on here =) Including Shredder!

Congratulations on your wonderful blog! :slight_smile: You did a fantastic job! I was so happy to see this thread, because I, too, was curious about your animals! (I tried to post on your blog after I read it, but my computer wouldn’t let me. I’ll try again…) :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

I love turtles! I love the pic of Shredder in the wagon :slight_smile:
Custard is a super cute name.
We have [name]Lola[/name] our [name]Boston[/name] Terrier and I definitely regret naming her this because I’d love to use it for a little girl.
We had a cat named [name]Ajax[/name] Sputnik Psycho [name]Kitty[/name].
Pets during my life include Bilbo Baggins, [name]Tasha[/name], Cuddles (totally original, I know), [name]Callie[/name], Fang, [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Trixie[/name], [name]Romeo[/name] and Pepsi. I named Pepsi when I was 5 years old, he was a stray. I wonder what I was thinking.

[name]Ah[/name]! [name]How[/name] do you get Shredder into that wagon? I love turtles! Your pets are so sweet.

I have [name]Cooper[/name] and [name]Findlay[/name], Bernese Mountain Dogs. Before them, we had Hoegaarden “Hogie” and Budvar “[name]Buddy[/name],” also Bernese Mountain Dogs. When I was a very little girl, we had Beechwood, a [name]Golden[/name] Retriever.

The family isn’t much into exotic pets - unfortunately - and my mother and brother are both allergic to cats, but we’ve had many fish. We have an outdoor pond with goldfish and koi fish in it, but I can’t tell you who is still alive and who isn’t. There were so many we couldn’t name them all, but some of my favorites were a giant red koi named [name]Topanga[/name], and three little guys named Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayonnaise - their coloring was reflected in their names. Oh, and how could I forget Phooey? Phooey is my sister’s now-deceased [name]Beta[/name] fish.

I love naming pets :slight_smile:

Shredder likes going for walks, which isn’t the easiest thing. We just follow her, but when we want her home I have to walk backwards down the street with a head of lettuce to tempt her! We ran out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So we had to run and get the wagon and heave her into it. It wasn’t easy!!

I’ll try putting some more pictures up on that link =)

[name]EDIT[/name]: Did! =) I now have a couple of [name]Hermione[/name] and Custard and one of [name]Edgar[/name]…and the baby tortoises!

Bogey is adorable! What breed is he?

And Shredder is magnificent in that wagon :slight_smile:

Bogey is a Persian =) I adore him! When we first got him, people would ask why his face is flat and we would tell them he ran into a wall! They believed us too =P

Haha Shredder will be glad to know she’s popular!!